Part 21 REWRITTEN

Raven's POV

I leave my room, drink in hand. I sip and hope Cal isn't on the couch. And if he is I hope he doesn't find out what I am drinking. But to my luck. Cal is nowhere to be seen. Instead I see Magnus behind the counter. I see Solis in a bunch of flowers. And I hear another boy somewhere in the room. Him and Solis are talking to each other. I shake my head and go to Magnus. "Good morning Magnus. How are you doing?" I ask them. Magnus looks at me and gives me a tiny smile. I smile back at them. "Well, I'm playing hide and seek with Solis and Ricarro." They tell me.

"And you seeking?" I ask. Magnus nods. I smirk, understanding now. "And your having a a hard time finding them?" I ask. "Oh yes, they're such good hiders. I'm having a hard time." Magnus tells me. I see a fake frown on their face. "Aw darn. I wish I could help. But I'm even worse at hide and seek." I say. A fake from on my face as well. Magnus smirks and holds back a laugh. I go to the fridge and look at what we have to eat. "So who is Ricarro?" I ask. "Oh uh... He's a guy.... Who's red.... And says he is a unicorn.... He is also very loud." Magnus tells me.

I nod my head. "Cal has mentioned him before." I tell them as I pull out a pan from the cupboards. "Oh... By the way, where did you go yesterday, and why did you come back over Cal's shoulder?" Magnus asks, looking over at me. "Oh, um I left with a guy and me and him went and got ice cream. He is pretty cool. And Cal freaked out. Reasonably so, and he found me. And threw me over his shoulder as he was taking me back here." I tell them. "Anyway, have you eaten today yet?" I ask. Magnus shakes their head no. "Not yet." They tell me.

"Alright, I'm cooking me and you some food then." I tell them. I quite like cooking for people. "Oh um... thank you." Magnus says. "It's no problem. I like cooking for people. Or for people I think are cool." I say. I put everything on the stove and start to cook. "I'm.. cool?" Magnus asks me. I pause what I am doing and turn to them. "Magnus, I am going to put my hands on your shoulders. If you tell me to not touch you I will stop." I tell them. "But it is serious talk time." I tell them. Magnus nods. I walk over to them and put my hands on their shoulders.

I am much shorter than them. But they look down at me. "Magnus, you're amazing, you're wonderful, you're cool, and you're damn right badass. You are valid. Your gender or lack thereof is valid. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You're awesome and deserve the world. And I will tell you this everyday until you believe it. And I will continue to tell you this even after that." I tell them. My eyes narrowing at them. I see Magnus's eyes well up a little as they nod their head. "Now, repeat after me." I say. "Alright." Magnus says.

"I, Magnus. Child of Anubis. Is valid, awesome. And badass." I say. Magnus looks at me for a second before repeating what I said. "I, Magnus. Child of Anubis. Is valid, awesome. And badass." Magnus says. "And I will not stand for people misgendering me or being rude to me." I say. Magnus smiles a tiny bit. "And I will not stand for people misgendering me or being rude to me." Magnus says. I smile and nod my head. "Good. Now believe everything you just said." I tell them.