Part 17 REWRITTEN

Raven's POV

Magnus makes a face and shakes their head. "Too many people." They say. I nod my head as they speak. "I agree with you on that. I didn't want to come. But Cal forced me to come." I tell them. "Inpu made me come." Magnus tells me. "Brothers, am I right?" I ask, trying to make light of the situation. Magnus nods their head and smiles a little. We stay next to each other, not talking until people start to walk away. Inpu calls Magnus away, they wave a little at me and walk away.

And Cal. He doesn't even look at me. He just walks away with Davis. I watch as he leaves with sadness. But mostly panic. Cal's my rock. He's my protector. With him gone anyone could hurt me. Can't they? My panic starts to rise. But I don't follow him. He's already mad at me. I don't want to make him even more mad at him. So I walk to a pillar and lean against it. Trying to calm myself down. But that makes it worse. I'm left alone with my thoughts. I'm left alone, in a room full of people. Trying to keep the panic at bay.

I feel uncomfortable and like I don't belong. And that's because I don't. "Hi." A boy says. Ihold back a jump and I look at him. "I'm Cross. The son of the Greek Goddess Euphosyne. What's your name?" He asks me. A smile on his face. I hesitate before speaking. "I'm Raven. I'm a part of the Egyptian pantheon. I can't say who my parent is." I tell him. "That's alright! I have a question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to." Cross says. "Uh, go ahead and ask." I tell him.

"Well, why are you over here by yourself?" Cross asks me. I look away before answering. "My brother left me alone. And I have uh... Anxiety." I tell him. "I'm sorry about your brother. But if you want we can leave. There's some amazing Ice cream at the mess hall!" Cross tells me. I do like ice cream. "That sounds nice but..My brother would be mad if I left without saying anything." I tell him. "You can blame it on me. I don't mind. So, what do you say?" Cross asks. I look at him confused, why is he being so nice to me? I look down then back to him.

I nod my head and his eyes light up and he smiles more. "Fuck it, lets go. He's already mad at me." I say with a shrug. Cross cheers and walks to the door. "Come one, let's get the best ice cream in the world." Cross says. I smile a little and follow him. When we get outside He starts running to the Greek side of the camp. "Race you to the mess hall!" Cross yells back at me. I pause and let my wings out. And I quickly fly to the mess hall. By the time he gets there I'm already standing at the door with my wings out.