Part 18 REWRITTEN

Raven's POV

"Now let's get ice cream!" Cross says excitedly as he opens the doors to the mess halls. I follow him inside. "So, why couldn't I see your wings before?" Cross asks as we walk to a freezer. "Oh, I can uh. Hide my wings when I want to." I tell him. "That's so cool!" Cross says with a large smile.We both grab some Ice cream and walk outside. We sit down on the grass under a tree. "Let's play a game." Cross says as he turns to face me. "What game?" I ask him.

"Lets play 21 questions." Cross says. "Sure, but how do you play?" I ask him. "I ask you a question, you answer it. So like I asked you what your favorite color is and you will tell me. Then you will ask me a question and I will answer it. It is just a game to get to know each other." Cross explains to me. "Alright. Who goes first?" I ask. "I will. Hmmm. Oh, what is your favorite animal?" Cross asks me. "Um, I think my favorite animal is a wolf." I tell him. "What's your favorite color?" I ask.

"Has to be Blue." Cross tells me as he looks at my hair. "Why is your favorite animal a wolf?" Cross ask me. "Oh um... Because to me, wolves are one of the most loyal animals there is. They are very strong and protect what is theirs and what they care about." I tell him. "So you're like a wolf hen." Cross tells me with a smile. I smile a little and nod. "I guess you're right." i say. "Anyway, what is your favorite song or artist?" I ask. "Well, my favorite song is 'The Village. By my favorite artist Wrabel." Cross tells me.

"That's a good song." I tell him. "Anyway. Same question to you." Cross tells me. "Ummm, 'This is Home' By my favorite artist Cavetown." I tell Cross. "Whats your favorite Disney movie?" I ask. "Mulan, 100%. What are your pronouns?" Cross asks. "I've never really thought about it. I guess She/Her. I've never really paid much attention to my gender identity or pronouns." I tell Cross. "What are your preferred pronouns?" I ask. "Promise not to judge me"? Cross asks. "I promise." I tell him. "I use He/Him pronouns. I'm a... trans man." Cross tells me, as he rubs the back of his neck.

"I'm going to make you a deal." I begin to say. Cross looks up at me. "You get me ice cream everyone once and a while. And I will beat the shit out of anyone and everyone who purposely misgenders you." I tell him. Cross smiles. "Why?" He asks me. "Because Cross, You're very valid. You deserve all the good things in life. And anyone who misgenders you are assholes and they all deserve to be hurt." I tell Cross with a smile.

(A/N: This applies to anyone that is a part of the Trans community. Whether you're MTF, FTM, Genderfluid, Nonbinary, or nayothers that are not listed. You are all valid. This also applies to anyone who is not straight. Your sexulity is valid. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. I love you all. <3 <3)

Cross tears up and smiles at me. "Thank you so much. Can I hug you?" Cross asks me. "Yeah, you can." I tell him. We both sit our bowls down and he basically throws himself on me. He hugs me tightly. And I hug him back. "Thank you, Thank you. Thank you." Cross says over and over. I feel a few tears fall on my shoulder. But I don't mind. I may seem coldhearted and mean. But I do have a soft spot for anyone who is a part of the LGBTQ comunity. And kids.

After a minute he lets go and he wipes his tears. "S-sorry." Cross says. "Don't be sorry. It's okay. If you ever need me you can find me and talk to me. I may not be the best at giving advice. But I am pretty good at listening. So I can be an open ear and a shoulder to cry on." I tell him. "Thank you. Thank you so much." Cross tells me with a smile. "No need to thank me." I tell him with a small laugh. Before we can say anything else someone runs up to us.

I look over and see Cal. "There you are." Cal says out of breath. He looks as though he had a panic attack. And he looks like he's on the verge of another one. "Cal what's wrong?" I ask him as I get up. Cross gets up as well and looks at us both confused. "Raven, I was worried as hell when I noticed you weren't there anymore. I thought something happened to you!" Cal says, still trying to catch his breath. "Well I'm okay. But It's getting late. So let's go back to our rooms okay." I say.

"Cross, I'm usually in the Egyptian side of camp. Or by the ocean." I tell Cross. He hugs me and looks at Cal. "Are you okay?" He whispers. I smile and nod. "That's my brother. I'll be just fine." I tell Cross. He takes a deep breath and nods. " Bye Raven." Cross says. I smile and walk to Cal. Before I can even say anything Cal picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. Acting like I'm a toddler that isn't listening.