Chapter 48 ~ Untold feelings

Start from the beginning

"My son, did you finish the business deal with the Azeios?"

"I did father in law." Zayn replied. Father in law, so that means he's Evelina's father.

I don't know why but this old man is giving me the creeps and I get the feeling that I have to stay out of his sight.

"Jasmine, can you bring these dishes to the table?" The tight bun maid asked.

"Why?" I replied, not sure if that was a good question.

"Why, excuse you, mr Ramirez and his father in law will have food, so please if you could bring these." She was getting angry, but I didn't want to bring the dishes. The old man, he didn't give a good feeling.

"I'm sorry, I can't. You see my arms are hurting so badly from all the cleaning, else I would have done it without a doubt," I replied as I tried to smile.

"Why are you even a maid here when you don't do your job," she hissed in my face as she walked away with the dishes to diningroom.

Well pfew that worked out pretty well. I took place at the table that was placed in middle of the kitchen.

My stomach was craving food as well. The last time I had eaten was yesterday when I had lunch at home.

My vision was getting blurry and I shook my head to prevent myself from becoming dizzy. You can't eat yet Jasmine, wait till all the maids eat, although I wonder when that will be.

The conversation they were having were everything except interesting. Zayn didn't sound either as if he liked it. His replies were blunt without any feeling. They messed you up Zayn, they made a lifeless monster out of you. Something is telling me that this old creep man has something to do with this.

After 20 minutes the maids brought the dishes back into the kitchen. The glares they were giving were everything except nice. You decided to work here so why looking at me like that? Although I'm a maid as well, and I'm here sitting on my but while they work.

"I'll clean the plates," I said as I got up from my chair feeling dizzy as I did. In a reflex I grabbed the kitchen counter preventing myself from falling.

"Are you okay?" Another maid asked. Her blond hair also put in a tight bun, however her brown eyes were more welcoming.

"Yes, I'm just a bit dizzy. I didn't eat since 12pm yesterday."

"What?!" She shrieked.

"Why didn't you tell us?! We could make something for you!"

"It's okay, I'll eat after I finish this," I replied as I pointed at the plates.

"What's happening here," that voice, it was Zayn. I didn't turn around, facing him with my back.

"Mr. Ramirez I'm sorry," the maid replied, bowing slightly. "She has not eaten anything since yesterday 12pm and she almost fell down," she said as she pointed at me.

"Jasmine," Zayn started. Hearing him say my name gave me butterflies. It was softer this time, more like the Zayn that I knew before.

"Why didn't you eat something," he said. I didn't reply, instead I shrugged my shoulders. You were the one who left me in the stable, do I need to eat horse manure, pff this man.

"Prepare some food for her," he commanded. "Yes mr Ramirez," the maid replied.

His footsteps were fading away, but then he turned around, just at the moment that I turned around. His eyes locked with mine, it was as if it happened in slowmotion. The moment was so magical for me, for the first time it was feeling like Zayn was looking at me.