Chapter 46 ~ Who?

That nightmare came true. I'm his widow, I'm Zayn Matteo's widow.

"Jasmine get up," James said, but I could hear the pity in his voice.

The last thing that I remeber before I fainted, is the piece of cloth that I was holding tight to my chest.

I wish I could stay in this bubble. It consumed me, it sophisticated me, but I liked it. Anything at this point was better than living in the reality, the reality in which Zayn was no more next to me.

~~~ Few hours later ~~~

I woke up, wishing all of it was a nightmarre, but the opposite was true.

"J-Jasmine my daughter, I- How are you feeling?" Granny sniffed.

I didn't reply, I was paralysed, not able to articulate properly anymore. "Jasmine, please don't stay like this, your children need you. They need you, you can't leave them, their dad left them, what will they do when they loose you as well?"

She was right, but I too lost the love of my love, my husband, my life, my everything.

"How, how am I able to live without him?" - "Granny looked at me with pity in her eyes, her beautiful grey eyes had turned red from crying.

"You have to. When my husband, Zayns gradfather, passed away I was devastated. The world stopped moving and I ended up in a huge depression, at some point I was close to commit suicide. Looking back at it, I wish I had approached it differently, for my only child, I wish I did it differently."

She sobbed again, wiping her tears away quickly.

"Get up my daughter. Get up and show up as a mother for your children," she said as she helped me up.

My legs, my head, my whole body felt fragile. There was no feeling in them. My body and brain did not work together as they used to. Zayn was the only thing my brain could repeat, over and over again.

"Jasmine, come. Wear these clothes, we will be waiting for you downstairs."

I looked at what she gave me. A black dress, a dress only a widow would wear to the funeral of her husband. Never in my life did I expect myself to wear such a dress. But now, things got changed and unfortunatly my fate wants me to.

I nodded, letting granny know that I would show up. I'm not sure how I got in that dress and how I walked downstairs, but I managed to do it. My body was there but my soul was gone with Zayn.

The sight of all black suits in the livingroom made me nauseous. How? Why are they acting this quick? Funeral but how, there is no body, or...

"James," I walked over to him, the anger boiling up in me.

"Why is there a funeral?"

"We have to bury him." I sqeezed my eyes, and I'm sure he saw the fire in them.

"Who?"

"Zayn."

"Which body James?! You told me that this was the only thing that was left!" I held the black piece of cloth in front of him.

"True. There is no body but we have to do this Jasmine. There are many mafia leaders from whom the body was never found, but still a funeral is needed. That's why granny and I decided to give Zayn a funeral."

"You want me to cry over an empty coffin?" I grabbed him by his collar.

"This is how our mafia world is Jasmine," he replied back, his eyes dull.

"Jasmine," granny spoke as she held my hand between her hands. "Don't say anything please, give Zayn his right and be there as his wife."

I gulped. Are they crazy? How am I? How?