Chapter 44 ~ Valeria

"You will. Once our princes is out we'll try for a third one."

"Want me to punch you in your face?!" I yelled.
"No, I was joking. Damn it must hurt."

"Zayn dude, you better be quiet before she kicks the shit out of you." James spoke.
"You're right man." Zayn replied as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Shut up you two! Zayn! It's hurting! I can't do this, I can't!"
"You can, you can baby. Your body was created to give birth. We men, we're weak, that's why we can't give birth. However, you women you are strong. You can do this babe, you really can."

I grabbed his hand and pressed it everytime the contractions were coming.

"Zayn, they are coming pretty quick now."
"The contractions?" He asked.
"Yes. Aah!!" I whined as I winced in pain.

Zayn stroked my hair, placing a kiss softly on my hair.

"Breath baby, you can do this. You're a warrior, you have been through so much more. You got this baby. Breath we're almost at the hospital."

The ride to the hospital seemed endless, and the pain got even worse. When we finally arrived a group of female doctors were already standing outside with a wheelchair.

"Good afternoon Mister Matteo."
"Good afternoon. I don't need the wheelchair, I'll carry her myself." The doctor nodded.

"Aah!" I flinched when Zayn picked me up. I nuzzed my face in his neck and believe it or not but his odor was calming me.

"We're almost there baby, come on you got this my love." He spoke, trying to motivate me.

Once we were at the delivery room, he layed me down on the bed.

"Miss Matteo, you can change into your delivery clothes and then I'll do a check up. The nurse will help you."

"No need, Zayn will help me." They nodded and left the room, leaving the two of us alone.

"Baby it's hurting."
"You called me baby?" He asked confused.
"Yes why?"
"Damn these contractions are weird."
"What are you talking about?!" I yelled at him.

"Calm down babe, it's just you get mood swings pretty easily." I sighed. He was right, my mood swings were on fire now.

"I'm sorry. The pain, it's too much and you're the only one I can throw my anger at."
"It's okay baby, you don't need to apologize."
"I love you Zayn."
"I love you too my love." He pecked me slowly on my lips, as he helped me changing my clothes.

Someone knocked on the door.
"Who?" Zayn asked.
"It's me the doctor."
"Come in."

She walked into the room with a few other doctors, thank God all females.
"Miss Matteo, I'll do the check up now."
I nodded. She gave me an IV, but I didn't feel the pain. The contractions were a million times worse.

"Ahh!" I whined. The contractions were coming again. Zayn held my hand, as he stroked my cheek softly.

"Miss Matteo, you're eight centimeters dialated."
"Doctor I can't take this anymore!"
"Calm down babe, you can." Zayn tried.
"Nooo! I can't! Doctor give me an epidural, please." I cried.

"I'm sorry to say this but we can't give you an epidural miss Matteo." She spoke as she wired me to a machine that was meant to check my heartbeat and the baby's.

"Why?!"
"Because you're already eight centimeters dialated. And if we give you the epidural now, then it might be dangerous for your child."

"Aahh!" I cried. I cried like a little child, I was so done with this.
"How long will it take before she's ten centimeters?" Zayn asked.