Bathroom

Y/N POV

"What are you making?" Scarlett's slightly raspy voice makes me look up from the counter. I watch her make her way through the kitchen until she's behind me and her arms wrap around my waist. She presses her face against my back and I smile before continuing to cut a pepper.

"I bought these meal boxes. They send the instructions and the ingredients for a couple meals a week." I explain and she hums against my back.

"That didn't answer my question, silly." She comments and I laugh.

"It's a western omelet. I'm making a regular cheese one on the special request of Queen Rose." I add and Scarlett starts laughing.

"Where is the royal highness?" She asks and I gesture toward the living room.

"I believe she's watching TV. Now go bug her instead of me, I'll join you soon." I push her hands off of my waist and she groans.

"You're mean to me." She complains but she turns to the coffee machine to start brewing a cup.

"No, you're distracting me." I remind her and she huffs.

"What is Rose even watching?" She pours some milk into her mug before walking behind me again.

"No idea. Why don't you go check?" I ask and she nudges my side.

"Want to get rid of me that fast, huh?" She teases and she places the mug down beside my hand.

"I just want to get out of the kitchen." I answer and she makes a small humming sound as she starts filling a glass with ice. "Are you putting ice in your coffee?" I ask, confused.

"No, I'm getting you a drink." She walks back over and I turn to face her. Before I could turn fully around she grabs the back of my shirt and dumps the ice down my back.

"Scarlett!" I shout and I jump away from the counter to shake it out.

"Oops." She smirks and sets the now empty glass next to her mug.

"We are not doing this again." I grab the dish towel and snap it towards her so it barely taps the top of her head.

"I haven't the faintest idea what you could mean." Scarlett teases and grabs the towel. She yanks me forward until I almost lose my balance. "Watch your step."

"I am trying to cook." I remind her and I yank the towel back toward me. Scarlett follows the motion of the towel until I grab onto her in order to keep her steady. "Careful."

"Maybe this is what I wanted." She tilts her head just enough to kiss me. I drop the towel, instead moving my hands to her lower back.

I try to pull away to throw back a witty remark but she reaches around me with the towel until it's looped around my neck. She pulls it taut to keep me against her as she deepens the kiss. She starts walking forward until I feel my back pressed against the cabinets, a few handles digging into my skin.

"Rose." I manage to whisper through our connection but Scarlett just laughs.

"Bathroom." She answers almost as calmly as she would state anything else.

Before I can respond she tugs at the towel around my neck and I slap at her hand, "Let go."

"Just follow me." She insists and I huff but I let her lead me toward the bathroom. She quickly locks the door behind us and switches on the shower. By doing so, she dropped the towel to the ground so I took the time to rub at the back of my neck.

"This is a whole new level." I mutter and she grins.

"This will be short." She promises and I raise my eyebrows.