Family

Y/N POV 

It has been a few days since the pregnancy scare and Scarlett and I have been doing really well. Overall there really are no complaints. My mom was happy that everything was working out and she decided to stay with us a few more days, much to my liking. It's nice having her around she always seems to ground me. Scarlett and I had gotten news of our next film for Marvel and it seemed pretty great. We didn't know much but what we had heard, made the movie seem even bigger than the last one. I was extra excited because I wasn't even sure if Harkin was going to remain a character, they had told me she might be cut but I guess they liked her enough to keep her around! 

While overall everything was going great I was currently pacing and freaking out to myself as Scarlett finished getting ready. We had decided that I should meet her parents before we say anything to the public or even to our other friends. My mom was staying here with Rose and that was good, I didn't want Rose to see anything go wrong. I was trying to think positively but I was still worried and shaken by what Scar had said as we were on the floor of the office together. I just really hope they like me or at least are willing to give me a chance to prove myself. But they must not have great taste if they liked He Who Must Not Be Named. 

"Can you get me another shirt?" Scarlett calls out from the bathroom. "This one has a hole in it!" Her voice makes me calm down and I stop running my hands through my hair as I head over to her dressers. 

"Which one?" I answer as I scan her clothes. 

"Anything that's blue." She decides and I pick one up that I think will look nice and appropriate for what we are doing today. "Thanks, Babe." She snatches it from me as I lean on the door frame watching her finish getting dressed. 

"How do I look?" I ask once she finishes and she turns to look me up and down. 

"Stunning as usual. Are you nervous?" She walks over to wrap her arms around my neck and I nod. "I think everything will go perfectly." 

"That sounds like you're trying to convince yourself at the same time." I point out and she rolls her eyes. 

"If they don't instantly like you they can kiss my ass." She decides and I laugh.

"I couldn't possibly ask you to put me before your family." I try to point out but she just places a finger over my lips. 

"Y/N... if they don't like you that's on them. You're the sweetest person I have ever met and you make me happy. They don't make me nearly as happy as you can with one glance my way. So suck it up, you're more important." Wow. That was unexpected... I instantly melted at her words and pressed a sweet kiss to her soft lips. 

"Sweet talker," I murmur against her lips as I pull back. 

"I try." She smirks and pushes on my chest to make me back up. "Now let's start driving." 

I let her lead me downstairs and into the garage as she decides she is going to drive. My mom and Rose are out together for most of today and I hope they are having some great bonding time together. Perhaps just being the silly goofballs the two of them are. 

"Hunter is going to be there," Scarlett says and I glance at her. 

"Any of your other siblings?" I ask and she shakes her head. 

"You can meet them later. I feel like that's too much for one day." She chuckles and I smile, how kind of her. 

She holds my hand for the entire journey and I can tell she knows I'm freaking out on the inside. The entire drive I'm imagining the worst possible outcomes and for some reason, they keep getting worse when they should just be getting better because what can be worse than her mom falling down the stairs or something like that?