Go-Karts

Y/N POV 

I think I could hear them before we got there. Scarlett led me to an outdoor racetrack for go-karting and they were loud. The street before this was filled with the normal sounds of the city but the second we turned the corner we both cringed at the sound. We head into the building and I roll my eyes at how she seems to think I don't know what we are doing yet. She keeps stepping in front of any signs or posters that could possibly give it away. 

"Scar... you did realize that I could see the course from outside," I say as we get in line. 

"No, you didn't." She says and I glare at her. 

"Fine. I saw nothing. Where are we?" I ask, trying my best to play along. 

"You'll have to wait and see!" She teases and I roll my eyes at her as she starts to laugh. When we get to the counter she buys us a couple of laps around the course as well as renting some helmets for us. "Any guesses on where we are yet?" She asks as we walk over to another room to grab helmets. 

"I wonder..." I tap my chin and she laughs, "My best guess is... the circus!" 

"No! You're dumber than I thought." She nudges me and hands me my helmet. 

"I got no other guesses. Where are we?" I ask and she leans up to press a kiss on my cheek. 

"We're going to go go-karting!" She says with a lot of enthusiasm. 

"I never would have guessed!" I answer back with the same kind of tone. 

"You're an idiot." She teases and I roll my eyes. 

"I know." I answer and she grabs my free hand to lead me outside toward the tracks. We have to listen to a pretty long safety instruction first and then watch a video on how to work the vehicles. But once we were set free I got into one right next to her on the starting line. 

"I'm going to beat you." She warns and I glance at her as I pull the helmet over my head. 

"You wish." I challenge and she raises an eyebrow at me. She looks behind her and then leans closer to me so she can whisper, "You better be careful. Depending on how well I do here may affect your time tonight." 

I lift the visor of the helmet so I can look at her and I think about my answer for a few seconds, "I think I like the idea of winning more. Sorry." I snap the visor shut again and she huffs before pulling hers down. 

A number starts to count down in front of us and everyone starts the engines on the karts. They seem to be pretty good karts as well. Like they could take a beating... But I guess I want to see if I can win without playing dirty first. There are a few other people racing with us so I suppose my only goal can't be to just bully Scarlett.

The second the sign says go I slam on the gas and fly forward around a corner. I'm right next to a rather large man who is leaning forward and over his steering wheel. I stay behind him for most of the lap before right at the end where I dart to the side and get in front of him. According to what I heard Scarlett say at the counter we had three races to do and each race was three laps. 

I kept my lead through the second lap but I lost it to a woman with a bright yellow helmet in the third lap. Though luckily around a huge loop at the end she lost control just enough that I could pass her and take the first victory of our races. That's all I needed. Now I just wanted to piss Scarlett off by personally attacking her. 

We all reset and she was next to me again. "What place did you come in?" She asks with a smirk. 

"Do you really think you beat me?" I ask as I flip the visor up.