Arrangement

Y/N POV

The conversation I had with Chris was still running through my mind as I drove home. Scarlett got to leave about an hour earlier than I did and I was not in the most pleasant mood. Her talking about already having an arrangement never left me but I also had no clue what she could mean. I was so out of it that I didn't even notice the other car in the driveway, I just marched into the house.

The second I shut the door behind me I shut my eyes and lean my head back against the wood. How badly I want to sleep and forget about my life problems. I hear footsteps walk into the room and I reach my arms out for Scarlett. A pair of arms wrap around me and pulls me toward the person but I stiffen when I realize whoever this is isn't Scar.

I pull away and my eyes widen, "Mom?"

"Don't seem so surprised." She teases.

"What are you doing here?" I pull away and clear my throat to keep the emotions that had been bubbling up down.

"You didn't know?" She asks and looks over her shoulder toward the kitchen.

"It must have slipped my mind to tell you." Scarlett winks as I notice her leaning against the doorframe.

"Well, I'm happy to see you." I smile and hug her again and she pats my back a few times.

"I thought we might want an unbiased opinion. Plus I wanted to see some videos of you as a child." Scarlett smirks and I groan.

"I brought some CDs." My mom grins and I huff.

"I should probably change and take a shower. Is Rose upstairs?" I ask and Scarlett nods.

"Erin brought over a desk that Rose is trying to make," Scarlett explains and I glance at my Mom.

"Really, Mother?" I tease and she smiles.

"Every child needs a good desk." She says and I laugh.

"You do realize we're planning on moving." I nudge her with my elbow and she shrugs.

"Just take it with you." She answers and I smile.

"You two have fun. I'll be back." I walk past Scar and she grabs my arm to press her lips to my cheek.

"Are you ok?" She whispers against my ear and I turn my head to look at her.

I shake my head a little and her smile fades as her hand tightens a little. "Later," I whisper and kiss her forehead before going upstairs.

I make my way into the bathroom and I toss my clothes into the hamper the second I can. I take a deep breath as I make eye contact with myself in the mirror. "Damn you, Christopher," I whisper to myself as I hang my head and just listen to the water of the shower hit the floor. A few minutes pass of me gripping onto the corners of the sink and I finally realize that I'm taking way too long.

I splash some cold water on my face before stepping into the steaming water of the shower. It feels good to just have a moment to not think about anything. But I know the second I walk back downstairs a lot of questions and choices are going to be thrown at me. My peaceful thoughts are broken when I hear the door to the bathroom open and yet again I think it's Scarlett.

"Mama?" Rose's voice rings through the bathroom and I shut the water off to peek my head out.

"Hey!" I smile at her and she grins when she sees me.

"Can you help me build the desk? It's too hard." She pouts.

"Of course! Just give me a second." I watch her for a few seconds and she makes no movement toward leaving. Am I allowed to just step out and grab my towel? Do I tell her to go? I slowly shut the door to the shower and turn the water on again to finish washing the soap from my hair. When I open the door again I expect her to be gone but she's just sitting on the floor near the door. I sigh and take a step out and I lean toward the rack where my towel is before wrapping it around myself. Rose doesn't seem like she cares so I sigh in relief.