Script Reading

Y/N POV

I was already awake and in the kitchen when Scarlett walked out from the bedroom. She looked well rested as she leaned on the counter to watch me finish making pancakes. "Want chocolate chips, blueberries, or plain?" 

"Blueberries." She answers and moves to sit down. 

"You ready for this adventure?" I ask as I plate her pancakes and slide them across the counter to her. 

"Very. How are you feeling about it?" She starts to eat as I sit down next to her. 

"I feel like its my first day on the job again." I reply, honestly. 

"I get you. It is a odd feeling." She shrugs. "These are really good by the way." 

"Thanks! It's my Granny's secret recipe." I wink at her and she starts to laugh. 

We turn back to our food but I get interrupted when my phone starts to ring.  

Me: Chris, what's up? 

Chris: Wanted to make sure you weren't sleeping in. 

Me: Thanks for the confidence! 

He laughs before answering. 

Chris: Anytime. I don't want you late for the first day on set. 

Me: I understand. Thanks.

Chris: Anytime. I'll leave you be. Have fun!

Me: I will. You as well.

The call ends and I turn to Scarlett, "Sorry." 

"It's fine. What did he want?" She finishes off her pancakes. 

"Wanted to make sure I wasn't sleeping in. Speaking of that we should get going." I put the dishes in the sink and promise to deal with them later. 

"You want to drive?" She asks and I nod. I don't normally drive places but I guess there is some rule against taking a cab. I don't know all the details. 

Once we are in the car and driving it doesn't take too long to arrive. The place looks basic enough but that's the secret with these things. When we got out of the car a few people waved and pointed us the right way. 

"It's time." I say quietly and Scarlett beams at me. Her smile is really off-putting... in a good way. It makes me feel important. 

"There they are!" A voice calls out and I spin to see Robert Downey Jr. himself. 

"Robert!" I shout back and run over to give him a hug. 

"Long time no see." He replies and pushes me off him to hug Scarlett. 

"You know I hate LA." I comment and he shrugs. 

"Deal with it." He winks. 

"Y/N! Scarlett! Glad you could make it." Kevin Feige walks over and shakes both of our hands. 

"Nice to see you again." I comment. I had met him a few times during the casting process. 

"Same goes to you. I'm excited for this project." He grins at me and I smile right back. He's a nice guy. "Robert, you can go down the hall into the first door on your left." 

"Right away." Robert salutes Kevin before walking down the hall. He's always so extra. 

"I have to bring something up with you two. This is mainly directed at Scarlett." Kevin turns to us and I raise an eyebrow.