Photos

Y/N POV 

We were all a bit too tired to walk around the park again today. Well Scarlett and I were, Rose had too much energy for us to handle. So we returned with her to the waterpark and Scarlett and I sat down under an umbrella together in our spot from yesterday. 

"How are you enjoying the trip so far?" Scarlett turned to look at me and I turned my head to look at her as well. 

"It's amazing. Thanks for inviting me to tag along. If I wasn't here I'd be sitting in my office trying to 3D print something a million times." I chuckle as I finish. 

"You'd get the hang of it eventually." She shrugs and I narrow my eyes, something seems off.

"What about you? You having fun?" I ask the question back to her.

"It's nice to just get away from everything." She sighs and rests her arms over her eyes. "Y/N can I talk to you about something?" 

I perk up at that, it seems important or serious, perhaps both. "Yeah of course." 

"I-" My phone starts to ring and I flip it over, it's Chris. 

"It's just Chris. He can wait." I hang up the phone and flip it upside down again to give her my full attention. 

She laughs at that before starting to talk, "It's just that I want to-" This time it's her phone. "That's weird. It's also Chris." 

Then my phone rings again, "Now it's Robert. What the hell is going on?" 

"I have a feeling we should answer these." She sits up and answers the phone. 

I copy her and Robert's voice instantly starts speed talking, "I am so happy for you! You didn't tell me? I had to find out from a newspaper. Y/N I am supposed to be your best friend you aren't allowed to keep secrets from me!" 

"Woah! Slow down. What?" I stand up and walk outside of the cabana to not interrupt Scarlett and Chris.

"Have you not seen the news?" He asks.

"No. I've been laying outside watching Rose play in a waterpark. Why? What's going on?" I start to pace back and forth as he words start to worry me.

"Oh... that might complicate things. So you, Scarlett, and little Rose aren't a happy family?" He asks and my eyebrows raise.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask and I poke my head into the tented area to see Scarlett looking stressed as she quickly speaks to Chris. I'm assuming she was having a similar conversation to mine.

"I mean... all the photos of you guys. You playing with Rose and you and Scarlett being all cuddled up together. Y/N... the media is having a field day with this." His tone gets softer as he speaks.

"Shit." I mumble as I run a hand through my hair. "Shit! Robert what do I do?" I look around the area and spot a few cameras pointed my way, how did I not see them before? I knew why. It was Scarlett, I forget about all the troubles of the world when I'm with her.

"I don't know, Y/N. I mean most of the articles are positive. Some are calling you both some hideous names but I was ecstatic that it might be true. You know how badly I want you two together." He explains and I wish I could just pull him into a hug.

I hear Scarlett hang up her phone and she just goes silent. "I have to go. Thanks for calling me." I say my goodbyes then turn to walk back towards her. "Hey." I say quietly and she breaks her gaze from the top of the tent.

"Hey." She answers.

"So..." I sit down next to her and she flicks her eyes back to looking straight up.