Healing

Y/N POV

The three of us stayed in bed all day on Tuesday. We watched movies and ate whatever Scarlett would bring upstairs and it was better than I thought it would be. But that night I spent a long time convincing Scarlett to not stay home just because of me. She made me swear to behave and I agreed so we came to some middle ground of her coming home early so I wouldn't have to make dinner and wouldn't be alone too long. 

So when I woke up on Wednesday she was already gone and there was a little note with a heart on it next to the bed. It was pretty much a scary threat of what would happen if I was stupid when she was gone. I followed her directions for the most part besides when I needed to use the bathroom. I spent a lot of the day on the phone with Ryan and was really getting into this idea he had. So I may or may not have agreed to do it. I double-checked on the wedding and he seemed very into the idea of me coming. I almost told him about Scarlett and me but that seemed like an awkward conversation I did not want to get into right now. We agreed on some times to meet up and talk some more in person before I got into my own work for the day. Maybe being away from filming was good, I could catch up with everything else I have going on.

Thursday was when things got hectic. Rose was in and out of the room every ten minutes asking to build a Lego set and I could not say no to her. So I sent her on little missions to gather what we would need and set up a little table on the bed so we could work on it together and I wouldn't be breaking Scarlett's rules. Every time she came home she gave me a little glare and asked how many times I stood up. I never told her zero, because I have bathroom needs, so she would always hum in disapproval before kissing me and going back downstairs to get food. 

"Can you do this step?" Rose asks and I lean forward a bit to grab the pieces and I put them together before handing it to her. When we finish she stresses for a bit about how she's gonna move it by herself so we settle on just leaving it on the bedside table and I'll force Scarlett to do it when she gets home. 

Before long she does get home with a bag that she hands to Rose, "I got you some new school stuff." 

Rose sits up, instantly interested, and reaches a hand into the bag. She pulls out a folder, new pencil case, backpack, pencils, crayons, erasers, and a few notebooks. They are all Marvel themed so she points out when she sees Scarlett and me. It's weird to think my face is now on children's stuff. Most of my movies were never this popular worldwide or were not really geared toward young ages. 

"Why don't you put all of your old stuff into the new backpack." Scarlett requests and Rose leans over to kiss my cheek before running out of the room. Scarlett then turns to me, "How many times did you get up?" 

"Twice," I answer and she hums, leaning down to peck my lips. "How was work?" 

"It was interesting... I got a new offer that I want to say yes to." She says and lays down where Rose just was. 

"What is it?" I ask, turning my head to look at her. 

"It's based on a book. I haven't read it but it's about a zoo." She explains and I raise an eyebrow. 

"What book?" I press and she smiles at me. 

"We Bought A Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Broken-Down Zoo, and the 200 Animals That Changed a Family Forever... Long ass title if you ask me." She says which makes me laugh.

"I've read it. If you like the part you should go for it." I take her hand in mine and kiss the back of it which makes her smile. 

"You've read it?" She asks and I nod. "If I get the book... will you read it to me?" 

"You want me to be your personal audiobook?" I ask but I already know that I would love to do it. 

"Exactly. You can even rub my back with your free hand." She decides and I roll my eyes.