Conference

Y/N POV 

It had been a few days since Scar's little beach day adventure and today was the day we were meant to meet with Rose's teacher. For some reason, I was actually kind of stressed. I know that Rose is an amazing kid and she's super smart and well-behaved. We haven't gotten a complaint once and according to Scarlett she never got one either. But throughout the day of work, it felt like there was some kind of danger looming. Though when I sat down to think about it that could have easily been the fact the first meeting of SNL was quickly approaching. 

"What am I supposed to do?" I ask as I catch up to Scarlett in the hallway. 

"It's easy, Y/N. You just sit down and listen to the teacher for ten minutes." She explains. "Stop worrying." 

"Why do you have to do these if Rose is doing fine?" I ask and Scarlett shrugs. 

"No clue. I just show up. If you don't want to come-" 

"I want to come!" I interrupt and she glares at me. "Sorry." 

"It's not that scary." She squeezes my hand. "I'll see you in about an hour, I have to go." 

"Ok." I kiss her cheek before she walks away and she smiles at me. 

"Catch!" Chris shouts from behind me and I spin to see his costume's helmet piece being flung at me. I grab it and he gives me a thumbs-up before ducking into a room. 

"What the heck?" I say as I see Kevin walking down the hall as he makes direct eye contact with me. 

"Did Evans just give that to you?" Kevin asks and I look down at it in my hands. 

"Uh.... no?" I try and place it on the table behind me. "I just found it here." 

"Are you sure?" Kevin walks over to pick it up and I nod slowly. "I heard him shout from up the hallway." He prompts. 

"You must be hearing things." I tease and he sighs. 

"Well if your memory comes back, give me a call." He pats my shoulder and walks away with the helmet. The second he is gone I swing the door open that Chris went into. 

"What the hell was that about?" I ask and he gives me a sheepish smile. 

"I wanted a part of my costume. Kevin caught me." He explains and I sigh. 

"For the record, I didn't rat you out but he one hundred percent knows." I shut the door behind me and he sighs. 

"I'm getting that helmet." He decides. 

"Why don't you wait until the end of filming, idiot? Kevin probably will let you take it at that point." I say and he sighs. 

"That one is broken so I thought they wouldn't mind." He explains and I nod. 

"Don't put me in the middle of your robbery next time." I open the door again and he laughs. 

"You were the first person I saw! Plus Kevin won't get mad at you." Chris says as he follows me out into the hallway. 

"Sure..." I say and Chris raises an eyebrow. 

"He has yet to yell at you, he's yelled at everyone else here many times in the past week," Chris explains. 

"Maybe just do your work for once." I tease. "And don't ditch him while you all go have fun at the beach." 

"That was Scarlett's idea." He reminds me. 

"Oh, I know," I say as I walk in the other direction. "See you around!" 

I finish up what I have left to do before I meet Scarlett by the car. "We get to leave together for once," Scarlett says when I get close to her.