Run Away

Y/N POV 

"Wait. So you're telling me that you've fallen for ANOTHER co-worker? You really should come with a warning. What is this, the 5th time now?" Chris asks as he finishes off another bottle of beer.

"Don't call me out like that!" I kick his leg as I also finish off my bottle. 

"Fine. You think of something else to talk about as I go get more drinks." He stands up and walks into the kitchen, opening the fridge. 

After my day with Rose I had brought Chris back home with me, he was surprised but of course willing. Especially when I said I wanted to get drunk. He's a sucker for drinks.

When he sits two more bottles in front of me and sits down I say, "I'm worried." 

"What about?" He opens his drink and takes a drink. 

"Rose and Scarlett." I answer and struggle a bit with opening mine. 

"Y/N... I don't know what you've seen but I'm sure they are perfectly fine." He assures me. 

"Rose seems to hate Colin! No kid should hate their father figure." I point out. 

"Sometimes it's hard to get used to new people." 

"It's been like 3 years. She doesn't even talk to Scarlett about it, she's been telling me all about what Colin does. He didn't let her play with stickers for gods sake!" I raise my voice a bit

"Y/N please. I know Colin better then you. He goes through phases of being obsessed with work. Please don't be coming up with reasons to dislike him just because you like his fiancé." Chris says and that shuts me up. I'm not doing that am I?

"I'm not!" 

"They are fine! Just kick back and relax tonight. Take some time for yourself." He takes the beer from me and pulls the top off. 

"I guess you're right. Cheers to that." We clink our bottles together. 

A bit more drinking and time passes and the two of us are fairly drunk. We're laughing and throwing pillows at each other. He even did an "action" scene with the shield he gave me. He ran around the living room jumping on the couches. Though the party was shut down quickly when the doorbell rang. 

"I'll get it." I get off the couch and walk to the door. I peek out the window and am surprised to see, Rose. She's standing there in a jacket looking around as she keeps hitting the doorbell. I swing the door open and look around for Scarlett. "Rose?" 

"Y/N!" She runs forwards and hugs my legs.

"Rose, what are you doing here? It's like midnight." I shake my head a bit to try and get the cloudiness out of my thoughts. 

"I like it here." She says and walks into the living room, "Uncle Chris!" 

"Hey, sweetie." He beams at her and gives her a high five. 

"Rose! Does your mom know you're here?" I call out. 

"Nope." She says. 

"Oh god." I run into the dining room to search for my phone. When I pull it out of my bag it's already ringing, Scarlett is calling me.  "Scar-"  

She cuts me off, "Rose is gone. We left dinner and she just ran. I don't know where she-" 

"Scarlett!" I raise my voice. "She's with me. She showed up on the front steps like 3 minutes ago." 

"Oh thank god. I'm coming to get her now." She hung up and I sighed. I headed back towards the living room and stumbled over my own feet. Why did this have to happen when I was drunk? This was not going to look good when Scarlett got here.