𝟏𝟔.

MONTHS LATER
OMNISCIENT

Asia yawned and walked over to the door. She unlocked it and opened it revealing Isaiah. Over the last few months he'd been really supportive and a huge help to her. They didn't expect to get along and be close so quickly. He'd just come from seeing Khalil who'd had a visit with Saint.

Khalil was the only one who's been in contact with him while his trial had been going on. Isaiah still questioned why he went to see him but he knew Saint had no one. Today was the final day of the trial and Asia was attending. She jumped back into work so that's been her priority. 

"You don't have to keep bringing me things you know." Asia said now accepting the bag of ihop breakfast.

"Half is mine." Isaiah shrugged, once they both washed their hands they sat down to eat.

They both had an hour before they had to leave and head to the court. " I got a question...would go see him?"

Since Saint's trial began, no one really knew what to believe about him at this point. The case has been picked apart before their eyes, they had all seen a side to Saint that was horrific.

"I honestly don't know." she sighed as she played with her nails.

"Well it's up to you."

"None of this makes sense to me siah. We was together for over a year and I find out he's the guy we've been looking for? It doesn't make any sense." Asia huffed, no matter how many times she thought about it, she couldn't understand.

"You telling me, I've known him for a long time." he shook his head. They changed topics of conversation while they finished their food.

__

ASIA'S POV

I sat with Isaiah to my left and Jasmine to my right. She's my good friend from school, and she recently moved over here with her fiancé. Jasmine is the only one who really knows the truth about all of this. She hasn't been over here since Cassidy's funeral, but I was more than happy that she moved back over here. My family don't even know, they never really met him as they live too damn far away.

So I was partially grateful for that, it's saved me some embarrassment. If I was being honest I was surprised how supportive Isaiah has been. None of us knew what to think, we obviously didn't want to think Saint was actually capable of any of this.

But his lawyer broke everything down to us and obviously the prosecution did also, and it's not looking good at all.

The judge cleared his throat, "Has the jury reached a verdict?"

A member jury stood to their feet, "Yes your honour."

"Do you find the defendant guilty or not guilty for the murder of Cassidy Blanche?"

"Guilty." I felt my stomach churn and my eyes burn, I heard another few more guiltys before it was over.

Saint had been found guilty of eight counts of murder, all of the bodies we'd been to investigate, was all him. I could feel my eyes sting with tears but I tried to hold them back. I'd never experienced this type of deception.

"Young man you should count your blessings that execution isn't legal in this country. Due to the nature of this crime you will serve eight life sentences, parole is clearly not an option." I very patiently waited for the courtroom to be released so I could run out.