𝟏𝟐.

DAYS LATER
OMNISCIENT
___

Asia and Saint sat in the briefing room. Their lieutenant had told them to meet him for a quick catch up. Saint knew Asia shouldn't be in work but she insisted. The door opened and he walked in with a file in his hand.

"Anything?" Asia questioned, she'd been praying for good news.

"You're not going to like this." he sighed not wanting to be the messenger of more bad news.

"It's been almost two weeks." she frowned, the lieutenant wasn't sure if their was a connection between the murders and Cassidy's death. But Asia had a gut feeling there was.

"We've checked all the cameras in the area several times and nothing suspicious. The car was burnt to a crisp so there was no DNA, there's no much more we can do."

Asia groaned frustratedly and stormed out, she needed to figure this out herself, clearly.

_

Picture after picture, note after note, Asia went through it all to the point of feeling sick. Her head was pounding and she felt exhausted. She was now back at Saint's place since the lieutenant thought it was best for her to have some more time off.

It was no longer her case but that didn't mean she would stop. She heard Saint calling her downstairs so she peeled herself away and walked down the stairs. She sat down and had dinner with him which was the first bit of food she'd eaten all day.

"You wanna watch a movie?" he asked with hope she'd take a break from looking at the same pictures all day everyday.

Asia nodded knowing she'd probably be asleep soon. He picked the movie while she got comfortable next to him. Asia pulled a blanket over them and closed her eyes. Saint could see how exhausted she was but she was unable to drift off to sleep.

"You wanna go to bed?" he asked but she shook her head.

Asia moved over and snuggled into his side. His hand ran up and down her back while his eyes were glued to the tv. She quickly shifted positions so she was now laying back in the couch with her feet in his lap.

It was long before he heard small grunts and noises. He turned his head to see her having a nightmare. Slowly he got up and crouched down to her level, he brushed her hair from her face and kissed her cheek.

"I'm sorry." he mumbled, he wished he could erase the pain she was gonna through.

Carefully he scooped her up and carried her up to bed. Once she was comfortable in bed he covered her up with the sheets.

NEXT DAY
__

It was around nine when Asia woke up , her eyes slowly opened and landed on Saint who was getting ready to go somewhere.  She rubbed her eyes trying to wake herself up.

"Baby I thought you don't have work?"

"I know but I've got a few things to handle, go back to sleep." he kissed her cheek and walked out.

She was too tired to question anything so she rolled over and went back to sleep.

_

Asia woke up with her belly rumbling. Once she's got herself dressed she went downstairs to make some dinner. She didn't mean to sleep for so long, but she'd been in and out of sleep for hours. The front door opened and Saint walked in with a tired expression on his face.

"What took you so long?" she frowned, he left out early this morning and it was now the late afternoon.

"I fell asleep at my desk." he shook his head.

"So you'd rather be asleep at your desk than sleep with me?" she roses and eyebrow he let out a chuckle.

She waved her hands beside making them both a plate, "What have you been doing?"

"Sleeping I didn't realise the time."

They sat and ate, Asia kept looking up, she wondered why Saint was being so quiet. Once they were done eating he took the plates and headed over to the dishwasher.

"Is everything okay?" she asked now concerned, he'd never been so quiet.

"I'm fine just tired, imma take a quick shower." he pecked her lips before going upstairs.

Asia watched as he disappeared up the stairs. She was trying hard not to question what was going on with him. But he was acting strangely, she sighed before making her way upstairs.

She knew she wasn't going to fall asleep since she'd been asleep all day. She stripped out of her clothes and got into bed. Fifteen minutes later Saint walked out of the bathroom ready for bed.

Saint turned off the light before climbing under the sheets with her. Her nails gently massaged through his curly hair as his head was pressed against her bare chest.

"Do you want to talk about something?" she asked, she knew he probably didn't but still felt the need to ask.

"Baby I'm just tired, don't worry over nothing." he mumbled half asleep.

Asia laid there now thinking of all the things that could be wrong with him. She loved him but she really wished he would be more open with her. She looked down seeing he was fast asleep. Letting our breath she looked up as the ceiling letting her thoughts cloud her mind.

__