Qiankun Tomb, Bagua Profound Theory

Start from the beginning

The interior’s first and foremost was a wide main hall. The main hall’s floor had an Bagua [2] drawing, with eight channels each with eight sliding doors. The doors’ structures had nothing in common with each other. Some had engraved railings and painted ridgepoles with golden jade embellishments; some had vermilion vermilion red Liang Wood, which emitted a delicate fragrance. Some had penetrating white jade and some even were ordinary. It was unknown whether the successive generations of cultivators that entered this tomb all were fond of high-ranking decorations or something.

The tomb’s walled-in path was extremely deep. How many ancestors are buried here, Su Xing thought of this offense. He watched for how Wu Xinjie would go seek out the Daoist Master Qiankun’s grave. If she searched alone, perhaps she would not even find daybreak.

The Knowledge Star’s brow wrinkled. She took out an ancient book, flipped through some pages and then spun several circles in the hall.

Everyone idly sat to the side with nothing to do. Su Xing was surreptitiously paying close attention, feeling the Bagua diagram below their feet should have some sort of hint. However, searching for this after a long while made him somewhat dizzy. He really was not good at this type of classical riddle situation.

“Sister Xinjie, why are we staying here. Aren’t we going in to look? From what I see, this pathway lined with jade is pretty good.” Shi Yuan looked left and right. Her attention had been attracted by a tunnel completely lined with jade.

“That over there is useless. It does not have the Daoist Master Qiankun’s grave, for his tomb’s concealment should be even more clever.” Wu Xinjie said.

“But staying here is also useless.” Shi Yuan said.

The Knowledge Star smiled but did not speak.

Approximately an oil lamp later, after the Knowledge Star inspected the eight tunnels, she finally nodded. Honestly speaking, Su Xing also could not make out what the trick was. The only thing he could discern was that the hall’s Bagua diagram and the eight tunnels were somewhat related. It was just that he was not too clear on what the significance was of this type of concealed relationship.

Just as he thought this, Wu Xinjie said: “This tomb concealment is indeed ingenious.”

“Young Lord, I have inspected it.” Wu Xinjie turned her head and winked.

Su Xing smiled, actually quite looking forward to what discoveries she made.

He saw Wu Xinjie stand on the Bagua drawing. She meditated briefly, then twirled her hands in the orchid seals. The relief sculpture on the Bagua drawing immediately came alive with changes. Some level and even places gave rise to recesses while some recesses were then filled in. Su Xing vaguely saw a bit of a clue but was still somewhat unclear. After all, this thing that was the Bagua was not something he had a deep understanding of.

An Suwen, on the other hand, cried out in surprise: “So it turned out to be this. Elder Sister Knowledge Star truly has discerning eyes.”

Everyone asked her what had happened?

Just as An Suwen was about to respond, Wu Xinjie said: “Young Lord, Little Sisters, come enter quickly.”

The group then walked onto the Yin-Yang diagram. After Wu Xinjie changed the final trigram, an inconceivable thing happened. When the Yin-Yang symbol in the center of the Bagua changed, it moved left and right, and the entire Yin-Yang symbol immediately caved inward.

“How did you figure this mechanism out?” Su Xing asked in admiration. “What profound theory does that Bagua have?”

“En. That Bagua seems ordinary at first glance, but its positions are actually incorrectly arranged.” Wu Xinjie explained.