Part 19

Chapter 19
After showering and getting dressed, Nero and Roon were finally ready to begin their date. Since they were going to eat in an italian restaurant, which was not one of those fancy places with violin music and roses inside vases on each table, they didn't intend to wear anything elegant: Roon just went with her standard uniform and Nero wore a really plain casual outfit. Wearing smart clothes would just make them feel uncomfortable or tense. The fear of not looking good enough wouldn't be a problem if both of them didn't try to look good. After all, they weren't going on this date to look elegant, but to have fun. And also to eat some amazing italian dishes. Who wouldn't want to?
"Alright, are we ready?" Roon asked while standing on the doorway.
"Yup." Nero answered as he approached her.
Roon hugged his arm just like a girl would do with her boyfriend, and frankly I don't think they're just friends anymore. They'll confess eventually, it's just a matter of time...

The naval base was decorated by a scenic sunset; a good detail to build a romantic atmosphere, which is what we need for our favorite couple. Roon led the way to the italian restaurant.
"Alright, we're here." She announced as they stood before a quite large building. Nero took a peek inside the place thanks to the windows and he could see that the restaurant didn't look overly elegant: on the other hand, it had a pleasantly simple look. The girls eating inside were from various nations and they looked like they were having a good time.
"This place looks promising already." He said.
"It gets even better when you enter. Let's go!" She urged him before they entered.
"Well, well, well... Still afraid of girls?" A familiar voice resounded behind the counter as Nero and Roon approached it.
"Wait... You're the art teacher!" Nero immediately recognized Littorio, the best italian girl in my opinion.
"When out of school, I'm Littorio, by the way. And when I'm in this restaurant, I'm the manager."
"You're the manager..? Then why are you behind the counter?" He asked.
"Do not question the great Littorio!" She jokingly ordered.
"Do you even have a cashier in here..?"
"Of course we do."
As Littorio said that, a very good looking girl with red eyes and purplish hair opened a door behind the counter.
"Littorio, can you stop stealing my job?" She asked.
"I was just replacing you momentarily, if you don't want your job to get stolen, don't go to the toilet during your shift, dumbass." Littorio answered.
"Hm, you have a point... Well, I can take it from here."
"Alright, have fun!" And with that, Littorio jumped over the counter and left.
"Uuh, good evening, is there an available table?" Nero asked.
"So you're that new boy everyone was talking about.."
"Uh, yeah... The name's Nero. What's yours?"
"Pleased to meet you, I'm Trento." She smiled, "and I'll take you to your table, please follow me." She walked to the other side of the counter through its entrance like a civil person would, unlike Littorio, who just didn't care.
"Wait, aren't waitresses supposed to do that..?" He asked as his confusion grew for each second he spent in that place.
"We have a motto here: 'Do not question the great Littorio'." Trento replied.
"Roon, is this some special type of restaurant I've never heard about?" He whispered to Roon as they followed Trento.
"Correct: it's a Littorio-type restaurant." She replied. Eventually they reached their table.
"Here's your table. A waitress will take your orders soon. While you wait, you can read the menu you can find on the table." Trento explained before walking away. Roon and Nero sat down opposite to each other on their chairs.
"Is this the first time you've come here?" He asked while grabbing the copy of the menu.
"Mhm, it's the first time for me as well. I've only heard about this place but I've never eaten here myself."
"I mean, it's an italian restaurant, so undoubtedly the food will taste awesome... But don't you think this place is atypical?"
"It's run by Littorio. Of course it's odd."
"Well, speaking of more important stuff, the entries on the menu look strange... What the hell are these names?" He commented while scanning through the various entries. The only words he could recognize were 'pasta', 'pizza' and 'spaghetti'.
"Read the ingredients under each entry if you can't understand what they mean. And don't worry about the prices, since I never get to spend my money I've gathered a lot during the years, so I can afford anything."
"It's kinda humiliating that I'll have to let you pay but I've got no other option.."
"Don't worry about it." She smiled.
Nero was really undecided on what to get. There were so many entries and he didn't know anything about them.
"You look troubled, do you need help?" Roon asked after noticing his concern.
"Yeah, I definitely do.."
Roon got up and walked to his side, bending down so she could read with him. It took them some minutes to choose what to order: as for what they decided to get, I'll leave that to your imagination; what they'll eat isn't important to know.
"Can I take your order?"
Nero and Roon turned their attention to a quite short girl with yellow eyes, white and short hair, and other details which you can visualize below.