Part 8.2

Chapter 8.2
Everyone stood up from their seats and roamed around the room. The girls socialized joyfully, and Nero was confusingly looking at them from his corner. Only after a bit he overheard some girls talking about a "10-minute break" which occurred after the end of each class.
"Oh, how amazing, 10 minutes of tranquility." He thought; some girls were also using their phones as if it was normal, and it actually was: apparently students were also allowed to use their phones during those breaks.
As soon as he realized that, Nero took his phone and started chatting with his online "friends". Even though those weren't actual friends, they were all he had. Once he had enough of chatting, he put his phone in his pocket and stood up, then he slowly walked towards one of the class' windows. He leaned his chest and rested his arms on it, looking outside with a blank expression. He was extremely bored already. He sighed; behind him was a joyful group of girls, and then there was him, apathetically staring at nothing.
"BOO!", a girl suddenly shouted in his ear.
Nero screamed and immediately turned around.
"Gahaha! So you REALLY are scared of girls! I thought you were joking with that drawing but you're actually serious!" she said, and she laughed along with two other girls. The one who had scared him had green eyes and blonde hair, styled in twintails. The second girl had blonde, short hair and her eyes were blue; the last girl's hair were black and long, and she had yellow eyes. The three of them were laughing at him.
Nero, unable to hold himself back, shouted: "YEAH, I'M SCARED OF GIRLS, SO WHAT?! ISN'T IT NORMAL TO BE AFRAID OF CRUEL AND DISGUSTING CREATURES LIKE YOU??! NOT ONLY AM I SCARED OF YOU, BUT I ALSO DEEPLY, DEEPLY HATE YOU!! IF I'M THIS PATHETIC AND SHY, IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU MONSTERS! I LOST ALL MY CONFIDENCE, ALL MY PRIDE, ALL MY SERENITY BECAUSE OF YOUR KIND! I UNDERSTAND THAT YOU LIKE TOYING WITH DEFENSELESS BOYS, BUT AT LEAST AVOID FUCKING WITH ME LIKE THIS!! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!".
The three girls were shocked at his reaction, and so was everyone else.
Nero looked down and hastily walked towards his desk, and he sat back down. He clenched his fists, tempted to punch his desk to try calming his frustration down.
Seconds after he sat down, the next teacher walked in the classroom. The students greeted him.
"Good morning to y'all too." the teacher said, before sitting down at his desk.
"COMMANDER???" Nero looked back up and seeing the Commander sitting down at the teacher's desk surprised him quite a lot.
"I'm 'teacher' to you when I'm here."
"WHAT DO YOU EVEN TEACH?"
"What a dumb question. I teach Latin here."
"LATIN??!" WHY THE HELL DO I NEED TO KNOW LATIN??"
"Knowing latin is very important for your daily life."
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"
"Oh, that reminds me, you basically don't know anything about latin and you joined this academy pretty late, so you'll need someone to help you learn the basics and all the previous grammar rules. That means one of those 'girls' you fear so much will teach you some latin."
Nero turned pale.
"... What...? WHAT??"
"Any objections will be ignored, so all you have to do is quietly accept your fate. Anyway class, today we'll learn about the Neuter Nouns of the Second Declension!"
Nero didn't understand a single thing about what he said. Second Declension? Neuter Nouns?
The commander walked to the board and started writing words that Nero had never seen in his entire life.
He wasn't the only one who was confused: there were other girls as confused as him, if not more.
"Alright Javelin, what did you understand about the neuter nouns?" the teacher suddenly spoke.
A girl with purplish hair confusedly looked at him.
"What? Uhm... Uuh... Neuter nouns, yeah! They are nouns but neutral!" she replied.
The teacher looked at her with a concerned expression.
"Javelin. What have you been doing while I was explaining?"
"Uhm... I was paying attention! But I didn't understand much..!"
"Well, what about you, Laffey?" he asked again.
Everyone looked at a girl with white hair and bunny ears, which was snoring on her desk.
"... Why did I even bother asking... Did anyone understand what's written on the board..?"
Another girl stood up. Nero immediately recognized her: she was the very first KANSEN he met, Z23.
"The neuter nouns of the second declension are nouns which are gender neutral. The nominative, accusative and vocative of these nouns are declined the same way, they end in -um in the singular and in -a in the plural. The rest of the declension follows the standard rules." She said, then she sat back down.
"Excellent as always, Z23." the teacher went back to explaining until he was done.
Nero was extremely bored and he was trying not to fall asleep. Then he thought: if a girl with bunny ears was literally snoring on her desk and the teacher didn't scold her, why would the teacher scold him?
So he laid his head on his desk and closed his eyes, even because he hadn't gotten any sleep at all: for that reason, it took him less than five minutes to fall asleep.

When he woke up, he immediately noticed that all his classmates were gone, along with the teacher. He looked out of the window and the sky had a reddish color. He checked his phone: it was 6 PM.
"HUH???" he instantly stood up, feeling confused. He walked out of the classroom: nobody was in the hallways. He proceeded towards the stairs and went down to the first floor; the main entrance and the gates of the academy were still open. He sighed in relief and walked out of the entrance.
"Why did nobody wake me up...?" he asked himself while walking towards the gates. However, as he was about to reach the gates, they quickly closed in front of him.
"... What..?" Nero grabbed the bars of the gates and shook them.
"COME ON, THIS ISN'T FUNNY..!" he shook them harder and harder, until he stopped.
"This can't be happening... Did somebody lock me up on purpose..?" After reflecting for a while, he went back in the building: he accepted the fact that he had to spend the night there.
He punched the wall of the main hallway. "WHY DOES THIS WHOLE HQ HATE ME?!"
Just some weeks ago, when he heard that he was going to attend Azur Lane's academy, he was so excited that he couldn't sleep. Only a couple of days passed since he arrived at the Academy, and he already missed his home. He had a tiny hope about the girls actually being nice to him, and that hope vanished right after the first day of school. As if all that wasn't enough, he got lost in the woods and was locked out of the dormitories during the night. He thought: "Nobody has been nice to me at all..." but then he remembered about Roon. The girl everyone feared was, at the same time, the girl who had been the nicest to him. He also thought about Eugen, who helped him find his classroom.
"... Maybe... not everyone hates me, after all..." he thought.
He spent the night in the academy.
Chapter 8.2 end
Long absence again, but inspiration  just vanishes for days and comes back when you least expect it. The girls who appeared in this chapter are Hornet, Marblehead, Suzuya, Laffey and Javelin, and Z23. Since they appeared only for a short while, I won't leave the pictures down here. But you can look them up if you wish.
See ya in the next chapter!