Part 18 (FILLER, CANON)

Chapter 18 (VERY MILD NSFW ahead, proceed at your own risk)
Once Nero had recovered, he went to the American dorm to enter his room and meet Roon.
"Alright Roon, I'm here now." He said after opening the door. She was laying on her bed when he stepped in.
"Can you explain to me what happened?" She asked him right away.
"It was just a dream... I don't remember much about it.." he answered, even though he remembered it exactly, from start to finish, which was really unusual and it made him think it was not a mere dream.
"Was it a bad dream?"
"Yeah... As I said, I don't remember much about it, but it was definitely bad.."
"Do you recall the gist of it?"
"Uh... Yeah, I do.." he said while thinking about a valid lie.
"What was it?"
"Well..." he needed to make something up fast; finally, he came up with an excuse.
"I dreamt about your death... That's all I remember.." he answered. Roon smiled.
"Aw, that's really sweet..."
"Haha..."
"A really sweet lie." She said, putting particular emphasis on the word 'lie' while her smile began suggesting she was annoyed rather than softened by his words.
"Lie..? Why would I lie to you?"
"I was just testing you. I already know what happened, Elbing told me. You passed out suddenly after you reportedly saw something move behind a tree."
Nero didn't know how to save himself at this point.
"Why did you pass out like that? What are you hiding from me, Nero?" Her smile faded by the time she said this. He could not tell her the truth. Observer might be watching him at any moment. But at the same time, he really couldn't find an excuse. By now he realized Roon was clever, and she wouldn't fall for any tricks.
"Roon..." He lowered his voice, "I can't tell you. If I do, everyone will be in great trouble. Please... Just forget about this. This incident isn't related to any health problems or something. I can't explain what happened myself either... I would be immensely grateful if you didn't mention this to anyone else, especially the commander." He begged her. Roon remained silent for a while as she processed what she had just heard.
"Did someone threaten you..?"
"I really can't go into detail, Roon. If I don't say anything, nothing will happen to anyone. Our lives will not be affected in the slightest. I'm not injured nor ill. Everything is okay, and as long as no one knows what happened to me earlier, that won't change."
Roon looked down while she was thinking about what to do. Eventually, she decided to trust him.
"Promise me you're okay. That's the most important thing I need to be sure about."
"I swear it."
"... Fine, I'll just pretend nothing happened. But if I find out you're lying about your health, don't expect me to trust you ever again."
"Thank you, Roon." He smiled and hugged her.
Might as well rename this fanfic to "Hug Simulator"
Shut the hell up, you're ruining the moment. Plus, Roon's hugs are the peak of her character. If you think otherwise you're just gay to be honest
Do you know who else is gay?
No, who?
Deez nuts
Oh my God- I'll just pretend I didn't hear that. Anyways, as I was saying, Nero hugged Roon to thank her for understanding his situation and also because she's best girl.
"You can hug me all you want, I won't forgive you for lying to me." She teased him.
"What if I hug you fifteen times a day?"
"... Maybe then I'll forgive you. Maybe."
"Then make it twenty-five times."
"Then I'll certainly forgive you."
Stop being so romantic with each other I'm getting jealous
Is it so difficult to shut up?
In situations like these, it is
Ugh... If I have to narrate their date at the italian restaurant as a moron comments all the time, I might as well skip that part entirely.
I never said I'll keep talking when you get there
Well, I hope you won't... Now, back to the story. The two lovebirds kept hugging for a long while before finally letting go.
"We're still going to that italian restaurant you told me about, right?" He asked.
"If you still feel like it, yes. But it's 6 PM now, we should get ready fast. And we only have one bathroom. So it'll take a long time for both of us to get ready... Unless..." Her face turned slightly red.
WOAH WOAH WOAH. THE STORY'S NAME SPEAKS CLEARLY. NO SEX.
CAN YOU STOP THINKING ABOUT SEX FOR FIVE SECONDS?? I'M TRYING TO GET THEIR RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT STEP HERE, AND BY THAT I DON'T MEAN I WANT THEM TO... To, you know... Do the thing adults do.
Still, I won't allow it, I don't trust you
Dude. They're short on time. And the story is literally called "Roon x Nero" or something, THERE HAS TO BE SOME TENSION BETWEEN THEM. And you began writing this trash fanfic as a joke, remember? It doesn't have to be serious all the time!
... Okay. Okay, you have a point. I'll let you do this. But if it gets too quirky I'll interrupt it myself.
Oh, finally! I can narrate something good! Get ready y'all, this chapter is going to be peak.