Part 17.1

Chapter 17.1
Nero, Elbing and her rigging got out of the Kaiserliche Marine's dormitory and began walking towards the Academy, where the commander's office was set. Elbing and Nero walked side by side while her rigging crawled behind them.
"May I know why you think you're worthless, Elbing? Based on what your rigging told me, you're more than safe from bullies. If they didn't make you feel this way towards yourself, who did?" Nero asked her.
"It's not a matter of believing I'm worthless... I factually am.." she replied.
"It's because of her – or our – past career. I didn't obtain any notable achievements during the Great War, and I sank miserably. That is why she has such a pitiful image of herself." Her rigging explained.
"The Great War... If I recall correctly, her Majesty fought that war as well..." He thought.
"The Great War, huh? Why is it referred to as Great? Did you push the sirens back during that war or something?"
"That happened towards the end of the war. The Great War was fought between the Allied Powers and the Central Powers. The Azur Lane was formed after the war."
Nero suddenly remembered about Akagi's words: if he wanted to know more about the Azur Lane, he should ask those who were there before it was formed.
"I see.." Nero knew what he had to do next: he'd ask her Majesty about the Azur Lane.
Although he couldn't wait to do so, he had another matter in his hands, an urgent one too.
Once the trio reached the Academy, they entered and travelled to the commander's office.

Nero knocked on the door: "Commander, can we talk?"
He didn't receive any answer, and when the door opened, he was not greeted by the person he was looking for.
"Daniel is absent at the moment." Eugen announced after opening the door.
"Woah, Eugen, you're actually working?" Elbing's rigging joked.
Eugen wheezed as well: "Sometimes I have no choice."
"Where's the commander?" Nero asked her.
"He's currently in Russia."
"HE'S WHERE????" Nero exclaimed in utter disbelief.
"Russia. You know, USSR? Union of Soviet Socialist Republics?" She sarcastically replied.
"It's not the first time he's gone there... What do these commies want?" Eugen's rigging spoke up.
"The sirens' presence is more intense there. Do I have to remind you the USSR isn't part of the Azur Lane?" Eugen answered.
"First they quit, and then they want our help? Hypocrites. I wouldn't help them." Her rigging complained.
"You're not in charge, so if the commander says we'll help, we'll help. Now be a good boy and shut up." She scolded it.
"I mean, I agree with your rigging, Eugen.." Nero confessed.
"The commander's in charge, he takes decisions. So, what did you need from him? Make it quick." She asked.
"Since when does she act like her sister..?" Nero asked to himself, "Well, it's about Elbing... I'm sure he would appreciate it if I helped her, so I wanted to let him know." He answered.
"He's currently busy, he doesn't have time to approve your job as a therapist. You don't need his approval either. Is that all?"
"Someone's mad because they're actually doing their job, huh? Hilarious!" Eugen's rigging mocked its wielder. In response, she stomped the rigging on the floor, causing a loud thud.
"I think we should get out of here fast.." Elbing's rigging whispered in Nero's ear while Elbing felt quite intimidated by Eugen's attitude.
"I agree.." Nero whispered back, "Thank you for telling me about the commander's situation, Eugen!" He told her. Eugen closed the door and the trio left the Academy.

"So Eugen becomes like Hipper when she works?" Nero asked SMS Elbing.
"Yeah, sorta. I'm praying for her rigging." It replied. But suddenly, after looking back, it stopped crawling.
"Elbing? What's wrong?" Nero looked at it.
"... And now I'm also praying for you, Nero.."
Nero looked in the same direction as SMS Elbing: a mildly infuriated Hipper stood there, looking back at him. Nero didn't recognize her at a first glance, but after noticing her chest's size, her identity became clear to him.
"Oh. You must be... Hipper, right?" He asked as a shiver ran down his spine.
As soon as Elbing (the girl) heard that feared name, she hurried her pace, reached a safe distance and looked back.
Nero, Elbing and her rigging were all anxiously waiting for Hipper's rage to explode; but it didn't happen. She just stared at Nero contemptuously for a while before turning around and continuing down her path.
"... We're still alive..?" Elbing asked.
"Apparently so..." Her rigging answered.
"Well... I say we leave before she changes her mind!" Nero suggested, receiving the others' approval.