The Panther Head's Overpowering Pressure

Start from the beginning

Wu Xinjie complained: “Thus, Xinjie hates ancient tombs the most. They do not say if there are no valuables, and we always bump into these sorts of monsters.”

General Tianwei was a fierce general during his life, and becoming a Corpse Demon after dying gave him no cause for thought. With a Golden Thread Fish Scale Armor that protected his body, a demonic blade that conquered in all four directions, in this tomb rich with ghost qi and innumerable ghosts at his command, it was unknown how much stronger he was compared to a Star Cultivator’s artifacts.

It did not occur to these two that this seemingly nondescript and innocuous ancient tomb would unexpectedly have this sort of evil spirit character at the very end.

Against this Demon Corpse, with the artifacts and Star Energy in their eyes unable to bring an end to this menace, the two changed their tactics.

“Let’s see if it’s your broadsword that is powerful, or if this Gong’s swordplay is even better.”

Gong Caiwei whispered. The Tracing Snow in the front rushed to attack the Demon Corpse, and Su Xing could only take out Silver Blade. It was a pity he did not have any more ammunition, else using it against the Demon Corpse would have been just perfect.

A man and woman threaded their way towards the Demon Corpse. A frosty cold sword and a monstrous and strange pistol bayonet continuously attacked. But General Tianwei was a great killer across the land, once leading troops and horses numbering twenty thousand to defeat an army of a hundred thousand, after all. Comparing his battle prowess, he was not the slightest bit inferior.

A white silhouette flew out, and it was Gong Caiwei forming hand seals in midair.

A cold, icy qi shot out of her fingertips, but it was immediately dissolved by ghost qi.

General Tianwei wanted to pursue and attack, but five small banners suddenly appeared over his whole body. An array came into view as thunder rolled and lightning flashed, provoking the Demon Corpse repeatedly with great noise. Su Xing plunged Silver Blade straight into the Demon Corpse’s stomach, but this sort of fatal injury was nothing more than scratching an itch for a Demon Corpse. With all its might, it shrugged Su Xing off and flung him several meters far away, and then it spewed out a thick cloud of ghost qi.

Su Xing evaded in alarm.

“Young Master, shall we retreat first?” Seeing the two at a great disadvantage, Wu Xinjie was becoming anxious. She glanced attentively at the pale-faced Lin Yingmei.

The grave was saturated in ghost qi for a hundred years, and the ghosts’ stock of ghost qi was limitless. Opposing the Demon Corpse’s undead raised with ghost qi, this was extremely unfavorable for Star Cultivators. This was akin to a cultivator proficient in Earth techniques fighting a Water technique cultivator in the middle of a large river. Even if the former’s rank was higher, the latter could still rely on the terrain to bolster his own power.

If it was only Su Xing alone in the grave, he only needed to bring out the Blaze Refining Saber, for that was sufficient to cremate the Demon Corpse. The Blaze Refining Saber’s Demon Flame Sword Arts happened to be the right item to subdue the Demon Corpse and its ghosts. However, there was currently an oblivious Gong Caiwei nearby. [3] Su Xing was the sort that was more cautious about consequences than others. He could tell that the young lady was not showing all of her strength, holding back her power just a bit, seemingly to gauge Su Xing’s minimum capabilities.

The Demon Corpse General Tianwei struggled to free himself from the Leader Star’s Array, standing strong.

Just at this time, though, a resolute shadow rapidly approached the Demon Corpse without warning. Its speed was like lightning, and no one expected this.