chapter seventeen

"ೃ are you sure you wanna go through with this?"

"not really.."

mako, korra, and i had arrived to the mountainside where the prison holding zaheer was.

we waited in front of the door for someone to open it after we knocked.

once it did, i glanced at korra. i gently went to hold her hand, making her turn her head to me.

she smiled slightly and nodded. "i'll be fine. i feel like once i see him all chained up, i'll realize he isn't a threat anymore."

i muttered an "ok" before the large rumbling of the doors sounded.

i looked at them and saw they were opening up. hesitantly, we walked into a makeshift elevator before the doors closed again.

there were two lamps on either wall, lit up in lime green.

the elevator rumbled before i felt ourselves going down. it stopped after almost a minute.

the doors opened up behind us and we were confused when more lights shined in from behind us.

we turned around and took in the creepy sights.

just another room with a door and two guards standing on either side of them. the room was still being lit by bright green lights.

we walked forward. the guards knew we were coming to visit.

"i'll go by myself." she said.

i looked at her is if she was insane. "korra , it's bad enough we're even doing this. you think i'm letting-"

"i can do this! have a little faith in me." she persuaded.

i sighed. i glanced at mako and he simply shrugged.

i look back at her. i didn't say anything, just nodded.

she gave my hand a squeeze and gave mako a reassuring nod before the guards opened up the doors for her and she walked in.

my heart started racing as they slammed shut.

mako and i shifted to the corner, not wanting to be the center of attention for the guards there.

"she'll be okay." he started.

"i don't know that." i interrupted.

"yes, you do. you know her." he continued.

i huffed and looked away from him. we stopped talking about it for a couple seconds.

"we should probably talk about you." he started.

"what about me? i'm fine." i said.

"right..."

we stayed quiet. "i remember when we went to get you from air temple island. when amon captured you. and you had bruises and cuts all over you. and you were limping and shit."

"yeah..?"

"and you created the biggest wave i ever saw to protect korra and i."

"so?"

"so, that means you're the strongest waterbender i know besides katara. master katara. and just now, you couldn't raise water two inches from a big ass pool."