chapter nine

"ೃ have you found korra yet?"

"nah, i think she's hiding cause she's afraid you're gonna propose like jiang and mako."

i laughed sarcastically at ikki's comment.

the four of us were visiting air temple island for breakfast and i was on the phone with the kids.

just to see how they were doing and to see if they had any clue where korra was.

"no but, seriously, are you, korra, and asami gonna get married just like your brother? cause i asked mako if i could be the flower girl at his wedding and he said no!" she whined.

i looked at mako with my mouth agape.

"it's nothing personal, ikki!" he called out.

"it felt personal!" i retracted the phone from my ear as she shrieked.

i put it back once she was done. "well, it's mako's loss because whenever i get married, you'll definitely be a part of it." i smiled.

she squealed excitedly from the other end while i laughed softly.

"hey, it's my turn to talk to y/n!" meelo whined.

"shove off! i't's still my turn!" ikki argued.

they started bickering before the voices became faint.

"sorry, y/n." jinora spoke. "they've been at each others necks since we left. but anyways, is everything okay back home?"

"everything's fine, little lady. don't you worry, just focus finding korra and keeping yourselves safe." i chuckled.

she sighs. "alright, then. uhm, oh! ikki! meelo, stop it!"

i looked at asami beside me while they started all yelling.

"uhm, we'll call you guys back! bye!"

"okay, bye- oh, and she hung up." i put the phone back down and looked at my friends.

"well, they're not dead, so that's good." i sighed.

"why would you tell ikki she couldn't be in our wedding?" jiang asked mako angrily.

"because she's chaotic and unorganized. she'd probably throw flower petals at the guests." he argued.

"who cares?"

"i care!"

asami and i look at eachother before walking out of the living room altogether.

we found pema and tenzin in the kitchen talking when we entered. she was leaning over the sink, washing plates and tenzin was standing by the counter.

"those two fight more than you do." i said to them.

"i know, it's remarkable." tenzin muttered.

we laughed and he gave a small smile before leaving.

"the kids are so excited for the wedding." pema chuckled.

"aw, it's cute!" asami laughed.

"oh yeah! until ikki makes bedtime last an extra two hours thinking about how her dress will look." pema chuckled.

"two hours??" i laughed.

"at least she's got something to look forward to. nowadays with the governments how they are right now, we don't like to take the kids out of the house much." she sighed.

asami and i glanced at each other worriedly.

"it's nothing to worry about, you two." she laughs softly,