chapter fifteen

"ೃ hey, sweetie. you alright in there?"

i didn't mean to ignore asami, i just didn't have the energy to open my mouth and say anything.

"i'm here too. we just wanna check on you." korra said.

i wiped my tear stained cheek as they knocked one more time.

"we're coming in." asami said. the door clicked open and the light from the hallway shined into the messy and dark room.

the girls walked around the bed and placed a tray of food on the nightstand.

the bed sank as they both sat at my side.

korra placed her hand on my arm and rubbed her thumb gently.

"we can't let you rot in here any longer." korra sighed.

"hey!" asami whispered and slapped her arm.

i sighed and buried my face into the pillow.

they quieted down. "you've been in bed all morning. you haven't showered, eaten, cleaned up." asami muttered softly.

"i don't care." i said into the pillow.

they whispered individually to each other.

"just leave me alone." i groaned. they stopped talking and paused.

i felt their weight lift off the bed and leave the room a second later.

i looked up from the pillow and saw a bowl with steam coming up from it, a plate of cut up vegetables, and a cup of water.

i sighed after staring it for a full thirty seconds. i picked myself up to see a dent in the bed from me laying here since last night.

i went to bed around nine and it's now almost two in the afternoon.

my head feels dizzy as i got up from the bed. i throw my legs over the edge and looked over at the food again.

it looked really good but i couldn't gather the energy to pick any of it up.

i look around my room. it's a terrible mess as usual.

the smell of miso soup turned my attention toward the food.

bolin wouldn't have wanted me to starve.

i picked up the bowl and watched as it gently shook in my hands.

i quickly placed it back before i dropped it. i went and dragged the chair from my desk to the nightstand so i could eat it easily.

slowly and steadily, i ate the soup and felt myself actually starting to feel hungry. i ate all the vegetables and drank all the water.

the food made my body feel so much better. once i was finished, i looked around.

i started the clean the room. making the bed first, then picking up my clothes and putting them in my hamper, tidying up the desk and floor.

i opened up the curtains of the window and left he sun light up the once dark room.

this should have made me feel better. but it didn't. i felt the same way i did when asami and korra came in

i took a deep breath and swiped my hair away from my face.

i took a seat at the edge of my bed and let my head fall in my hands.

the room was silent except for quiet muttering from outside my door.

i groaned in annoyance before the door opened up.