chapter eleven

"ೃ i'm kind of scared, what about you?"

"korra, we haven't even left yet.."

she sighed heavily, wrapping athletic tape around her wrists in front of the mirror in our room.

i was fixing up my hair when i saw her struggling to put it on.

i walked over and took her hands.

"i can do it-"

"it's okay, let me do it." i said softly.

i look up at her with a smug face and she just rolled her eyes.

she had wrapped the tape way too tight around her wrists.

"you tryin' to cut off circulation or what?" i asked jokingly.

"it's fine, i barely feel it." she chuckled.

i started to apply them again so they were more comfortable.

memories started to flash across my mind when i was still a pro-bender.

"remember we used to spar together while i was still pro-bending? and i'd do this for you all the time." i asked her.

"yeah. it was embarrassing. i was afraid you'd hear how loud my heart was racing." she laughed.

i smiled. "don't worry, i never noticed."

that's a lie, of course i did.

"i was crushing on you so bad."

"so was i."

she laughed softly. i finished wrapping her wrist and grabbed the roll to start on the other one.

"you were head over heels too. you were sooo jealous of mako and i."

i glared up at her. "shut up." i laughed.

"and then asami too. ugh, it was a mess." she continued.

i smiled. she was right, life back then was all over the place.

"i think you have a type, now that i think about it." i said, looking back up at her.

her face scrunched up with confusion. "what do you mean?"

"tall and skinny, that's mako and asami. dark and athletic, that's mako and i. and then mysterious with attitude, that's all three of us." i explained.

she thought about and realized all the similarities the three of us have.

"oh wow."

"yeah. but it's fine, cause now you have.."

i trailed off as i finished wrapping the tape. i turned her wrist over so i could hold her hand.

"both of us." i said.

"yeah, only took me three years."

we both laughed. i pulled her toward me so i could put my arms around her neck comfortably. her hands were resting on my waist, just how i remember.

"i've missed you so bad. can't believe i haven't seen you in over a year." i started, admiring every scar and mark she had on her gorgeous face.

"i know. but we're together now. i'm better now than i was three years ago, i don't ever have to be apart from you or asami again."

i sighed contently. even if we're on the brink of another war or something, it feels so good to have her here with me.

she pulled me close and kissed me passionately, her hands not moving from my waist.