chapter thirteen

"ೃ ...and that's the story of my royal life!"

"why the hell are you even here?"

wu ignored me and continued looking at his perfectly manicured nails.

i sighed irritatingly while rubbing my forehead, he's nice, sure, but every time he talks, it's an immediate migraine.

"sorry, there was nowhere to dump him." mako muttered.

i shook my head. "it's fine. but i thought you were gonna quit? what ever happened to that?"

"that was when i thought wu was gonna move back to ba sing se but.. that can't really work out." he said.

i groaned, realizing he has to stay here longer than he actually needs to.

"hey, guys!"

i turned and saw korra and asami, hand in hand, walking into the waiting room of the restaurant in wu's hotel.

korra changed from her green and gold earth kingdom outfit to her iconic blue and white water tribe attire.

although, now it was a darker blue. now, i still can't get over how fucking fine she is with short hair.

"oh, finally." i sighed. mako laughed quietly and we got up to greet them.

i hugged them both before mako went to hug korra.

they barely talked last night, so this afternoon was his time to catch up with her. and not over letters.

"it's so nice to hang out with you again." mako smiled.

"i know! come on, let's go sit." korra said. before she could drag mako into the restaurant, wu popped up in front of her, literally out of thin air.

"hello! avatar korra, i'm prince wu. i'm sure it's so lovely for you to make my acquaintance."
he greeted.

"seriously?" she laughed under breath. she cleared her throat before actually saying hi.

"uhm, yeah. sure." she shook his hand before walking in.

we found one booth and all sat down with wu at one end beside korra, me in between her and asami, and mako on the other end.

a waiter came up to ask for some drinks and wu started to ask for some weird appetizers.

"so, if you're open to talking about it, do you wanna tell us what happened in zaofu?" mako asked.

i turned to korra gently while sipping on a peach iced tea.

"well, uhm, i tried my best to reason with her but.. it's possible she's more stubborn than i am." she winced.

"ha. yeah sure." he snorted.

i laughed under my breath before she turned to look at me with a death stare.

"that wasn't funny, mako." i said, clearing my throat.

he rolls his eyes as him and asami laugh anyway.

"no, seriously, every chance i had to talk to her, she was defiant and persistent. it was like talking to myself in the mirror." she sighed.

"now i feel bad for every time we had an argument." she said.

"yeah, you're just about three years too late." he answered sarcastically.