Chapter 8

The walk had been longer than it was to Luke's house, but Luke wasn't complaining. How could he when his fingers were gently laced around those of Clive's. For some reason Luke felt he really needed this, like really.
It calmed his nerves but at the same time excited him.

The both of them had finally made it to Clive's place. Once inside, Clive led Luke straight to his bedroom. 'Oh' Luke had thought.

He sat Luke down and stood there awkwardly as he cleared his throat. Luke was confused at first but soon realised he was still holding onto Clive's hand.

A blush threatened to creep onto his face as he retrieved his hand from Clive's. But Clive saved him the embarrassment by walking straight out the door calling out asking how Luke had his tea.

Luke shortly followed after, he didn't want to be alone in Clive's room, that'd just make him feel like more of a creep than he already was.

Clive had the kettle on and was rummaging through one of the cabinets. Luke knew his way around the kitchen, thanks to Sarah who had dragged him into the magical world of cooking.

"Let me," he mumbled as he gently shoved Clive to the left.

Clive was beyond thankful, he hadn't the first clue about making tea, well other than putting the kettle on.

He placed himself against the counter a good metre away from Luke and observed the boy.

'Fuck he's pretty' he thought as he continued to stare on.

The way Luke looked while he gently stirred away at his cup had Clive in a trance.
Luke looked up and smiled as he gingerly took hold of the cup.

"We're sharing," he stated.

"What?" Clive replied, totally out of it.

Luke just chuckled more to himself as he thought back to their time in the park when Clive had more or less imposed his ice cream on Luke. It hadn't even been a week since then but it felt like Luke and Clive had been friends forever now.

Clive's eyes suddenly widened. "Hold up." he said. sprinting out of the room.

Luke didn't follow, he simply sipped his tea and looked around the kitchen.

Clive had made it to his bedroom, he was now planted in front of his wardrobe rummaging through his clothes trying to look for something that Luke could borrow.
He found the clothes Luke had lent him and laughed to himself.

'Pfft these are mine now.'

He finally pulled out a decent pair of tracks along with a baggy hoodie that he hoped would fit Luke. He made his way back to the kitchen after getting into some comfortable clothes first, only to find Luke in the living room, looking at a family portrait.

"Older Brother?"

"Christopher."

"Like him?"

"Left to London without me."

"Ouch."

Clive only replied with an expression of mock hurt which he soon laughed off.

•••

Luke was done changing into the clothes that Clive had ever so kindly lent to him. They had actually decided to get some school work done which wasn't exactly a bad idea. Clive had ordered take out and once it arrived they abandoned their books to chit chat.

"You're an only child?" Clive asked, pointing the fork toward Luke.

Luke simply nodded.

Clive soon learnt quite a lot about Luke like how growing up his only friends were his rather rowdy cousins Will and Sam and how his parents were super protective of him.