Chapter 10

Clive was sick, but obviously he spent the rest of his weekend pretending to be fine over text with Luke.
One thing he hadn't expected was to find Luke standing at the foot of his bed 6 minutes before school started on a Monday morning in his school uniform.

Clive jolted awake and stared at Luke wondering what, why, how and when he had come over.

"You weren't answering your texts. And your mum let me in." Luke shrugged as he casually sat himself down on Clive's bed.

'Taking the boyfriend thing quite literally.' Clive wasn't mad about Luke showing up unannounced; he was just...not sure why Luke had done it?

He looked over at the time, "you've got 6 minutes to get back to school." He said, kind of worried that Luke might miss his lessons.

"Not going."

"What. Why?"

"I've got to look after you? Obviously."

"You can't just skip school, you're not even the one who's sick."

"You're being very ungrateful now." Luke said, sounding like every parent ever.

Clive just sighed. Maybe having Luke stay wouldn't be a bad idea, Clive couldn't imagine taking care of himself on his own, he usually had his mum with him but ever since she landed a job he'd had to take care of himself. And frankly he was enjoying the bolder, less reserved Luke.

Luke relocated to Clive's desk where he pulled out a piece of paper and started to scribble down God knows what. Soon he planted himself back on the bed as he leaned toward Clive with the paper in hand.

"This," he pointed towards the paper with the pen, "is our schedule for the day."

'This guy can not be for real.' Clive just gaped up at Luke who was actually serious about this.

"So now," Luke pointed at the first thing on the list, "you get to sleep for however long you want. Just call out for me once you're awake and I'll bring over something warm to eat,"
He said and forced himself out of the bed.

'Marry me Luke.' Clive had thought before falling asleep.

•••

Luke didn't keep his promise, he was now trying to wake Clive up. He was bored and Clive had been out cold for three hours now.

"What. Do. You. Want" Clive groaned.

"It's almost quarter past 11."

Clive didn't even want to argue.
He pulled himself into a sitting position and stared at nothing in particular while Luke left to get him breakfast.

He entered the room and placed a bowl of some sort of broth into Clive's lap, he also placed a tiny cup of yoghurt on the bedside table.

"Thanks." Clive said with a grateful smile.

Luke just smiled back feeling like a proper mum.

•••

They were both sitting on Clive's bed now, watching something off of Clive's phone. It was well into the afternoon and the boys had done nothing but sloth all day.

Luke just stretched out on the bed and Clive scooted over to give him more space.
He was now fully sprawled over staring at the ceiling.

"Are you sure you don't wanna change into something cosier? I've got your clothes you lent me the other day." Clive said as he looked at Luke who was in his school clothes, tie and everything.

'Whatever happened to boyfriends wearing each other's clothes?' Luke thought, shaking his head.

Luke had spent the whole of his Sunday evening thinking about Clive being his boyfriend, it just seemed perfect even though it was more or less unconventional for most people around them but since when did Luke care for what others thought about him? Since never.

Luke didn't know what to do or expect from a relationship, his problem solely lay in the fact that he had zero knowledge whatsoever about being in love. He liked Clive a lot more than he had liked anyone but did he love Clive? And moreover like that. And there was no way someone as breathtaking as Clive would settle down for mediocre Luke.

He was brought out of his thoughts when Clive moved to rest his back on the headboard.

"You can go back to sleep if you want." Luke said, to which Clive just shook his head a 'no' sleepily.

He was slightly drugged and could hardly keep his eyes open. But he didn't want to leave Luke all by himself again. Luke was probably used to being by himself but things had changed ever since Clive came into his life. Luke was spoiled now, he couldn't go a single day without Clive.

Luke was staring up at Clive while laying flat on the boys bed, he sent him a smile when Clive caught him staring. Clive felt a sudden surge of bravery course through his being as he started to twirl a lock of Luke's hair between his fingers.
Luke couldn't take his eyes off the other boy.

"You have the softest hair I've ever touched, way softer than mine anyway." Luke told Clive who looked at him groggily, "I do?" He asked slightly amused but smiled nonetheless, his fingers brushing away the hair off Luke's eyes.

Luke's eyes travelled down to Clive's lips, "and your smile..." he said.

He was craning his neck to admire the other boy and it was doing quite a number on his neck. He placed his head back down with Clive's fingers still planted in his hair.

"Thanks for being here with me." Clive said, barely audible.

"I honestly don't know what I'd have done without you, what with mum abandoning me and all." he laughed.

"Have you always had her tending you whilst being sick?" Luke asked in a mocking tone.

"Always!" Clive replied shamelessly.
"I'd often fall ill and she'd always make this stew that was probably every sick man's dream." He chuckled.

Luke just watched him with a smile of his own waiting for him to continue.

"She'd bring over this kind of charcuterie board but one with sick people food you know, like fruits and shit and then she'd kiss me on the forehead when I show her my pitiful face." He was grinning widely at the memories.

"But that was when I was younger now she just makes stew and forces my arse out the bed."

"Aww no more forehead kisses?" Luke teased.

"Sadly no" Clive replied as he placed his hand over his chest and sent Luke an expression of sorrow.

"Is that your pitiful face?" Luke asked, to which Clive softly chuckled.

"Well," Luke said as he got onto his knees and knelt beside Clive.

"You've got me." He said before taking Clive's face into his hands and planting a chaste kiss on the boys forehead.

He could feel his heart pounding against his rib cage. Clive's cheeks were so warm against his fingertips he couldn't physically bring himself to let go. He just stared into the boy's eyes.

"But I'm sick." Clive said, trying to divert attention away from his flushed cheeks.

"We're not making out though." Luke stated nonchalantly.

"Shame." Clive said in genuine disappointment.

Maybe Luke did have a crush on Clive and by the looks of it the chances of it being reciprocated were pretty high.