Chapter 23

"Trust me, I know Clive. He's not the kind of person to turn into a nympho during a kiss with someone he doesn't like." Emily tried to reassure Luke.

Luke was thankful for the effort from Emily's side but now that he had spent the past ten minutes disburdening onto Emily he didn't know what to believe.

"Don't beat yourself over it Luke, just know that the key to every successful relationship is communication. Talk it out with Clive rather than assuming his side of the matter." Emily said as she patted him on the shoulder.

He sent her a grateful smile, "So when do I get to meet Nasir?"

"After you're done talking to him," she said, pointing towards Clive who was walking beside Carol as they chatted away.

Carol looked at where they were headed and once she caught sight of Luke shooting daggers at her she muttered something to Clive and vanished.

'Yeah be frightened.' he thought to himself smugly.

Clive thoughtlessly bid her farewell and turned toward Luke with a disappointed look.

"He does not seem happy." Emily observed, "you're on your own." She lifted herself off the seat.

"Where are you off to?" Clive asked Emily once he stood before the both of them.

"BYE!"

Clive only sighed as he sat beside Luke not sparing the latter a glance.
Luke couldn't help thinking the worst.

"Is there something wrong?" Luke asked worriedly.

Clive didn't answer, he just stared ahead of him and Luke could swear the boy was seconds away from bursting into tears.

After a long silence Clive turned to face Luke, "Let's get out of here."

"I haven't donated,"

"Do you really care about people in need?"

Luke wanted to tell him the truth which was no, he didn't care but he also didn't want to seem like the bastard that he was, "I do."

Clive groaned but obliged anyway.

•••

"Where are we off too?" Luke asked, his arm slung over Clive's shoulder.

"You're supposed to be resting so I think we're going to have to drop you off at home."

"Also get off of me and stop pretending that you're all dizzy." He added half heartedly, fully enjoying the feel of having Luke cling onto him.

Luke only held onto Clive tighter, putting his full weight on the poor boy. "LUKE PISS OFF!" Clive laughed as he almost fell to the ground by the weight.

He steadied himself and placed his arm around Luke's waist holding him in place, "oh you smell fantastic, new perfume?" Clive asked in a fancy accent.

"You like?" Luke asked, happy that his search for the perfect cologne earlier that day wasn't in vain.

They had reached a secluded corner of the neighbourhood so Clive wrapped his other arm around Luke's waist pulling him into a hug, "What don't I like about you Luke?" He said in a sultry murmur.

It was all foreign to Luke, he wasn't used to people talking to him like that or even sparing him a trifling thought. It caused the hairs on his neck to stand and it sent his blood rushing to places mentionable and unmentionable.

Clive pulled his head back from the hug and brushed his lips against Luke's, it could barely be considered a kiss. He looked into Luke's eyes in a daze, catching the boy gulp under his intent gaze.

"You make me feel like I'm your whole world." Clive said in a whisper almost sadly, he didn't know what the matter was but he both loved and hated the feelings Luke incited in him. He wanted Luke and even though it was quite evident that Luke wanted him back he wished Luke could be vocal about it.

"You are." Luke replied sincerely.

'Is that enough?'

There was a long pause before Clive decided to voice his inner turmoil, "Do you really like me." He asked insecurely.

To say Luke was taken back by the question would be an understatement, "does it not seem like I do?" He asked now fully sure that he was the reason Clive was sad.

Clive opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't really formulate anything.

"Will you go on a date with me?" Luke asked, hoping he was doing the right thing by asking.

"In public?"

"Yes? Oh, do you not want that?"

"No! I- I'd love that...but are you okay with being out?"

Luke snorted, "do I mind?" He laced his fingers with Clive's and dragged the boy out of their hidden spot and walked until they were in a mildly crowded part of the area.

"Do I mind?" Luke repeated for the second time before he crashed his lips onto Clive's in front of the masses.

'That's one way to say you don't give a solitary fuck.' Clive thought as he kissed Luke back with just as much fervency.