Chapter 14

Clive successfully shoved Luke onto his back only to climb over him. Luke stared in surprise over Clive's sudden strength and courage as Luke had his head trapped between Clive's hands.

It was quite the compromising position and Luke eagerly awaited for the boy's next move.

'Kiss me. Please, just kiss me.' Luke was praying to every Saint who had walked this earth to grant him his one wish.

He was ready to take anything as a sign from above, he just needed to know if Clive would consent to it. He stared into Clive's soul hoping to convey everything through mere eye contact.

Luckily for Luke Clive had received the message, his heart beat faster and faster as he looked into Luke's dark eyes.

He'll kiss Luke. As horrible as it sounded Clive was willing to risk their entire friendship just for minimum intimacy with Luke when he was looking like that under Clive's lascivious gaze.
As if that wasn't enough confirmation for Clive, Luke subtly licked his lips.

'That's it.' Clive zeroed in on Luke's lips as he leaned in when they heard the front door open.

Clive's head did a full 90 before he jumped off the bed and stumbled towards the bedroom door latching it shut.

He frantically looked towards Luke only to find the boy lying right where he had been all this time, shooting daggers at the ceiling.

Luke was taking back all his prayers to the saints.

He had tried to close the gap between him and Clive as soon as possible on hearing the front door open but Clive had been quicker and had left him hanging, owing to his embarrassing defeat he started to take back said prayers.

"Luke we got you cake," His mum's voice sounded at the door.

"Clyde the caterpillar." His dad said, earning a smack from his mum.

"I heard it tastes amazing!" She tried convincing.

Luke simply groaned.

"Are you asleep?" His mum asked.

"First thing tomorrow morning, please. I'm knackered." Luke said not moving a muscle.

It was just the pair of them now, neither of them knowing where exactly they stood at the moment. Clive wanted to kiss Luke and Luke wanted to kiss Clive but they weren't going to do it. They had no reason not to but neither of them felt they could muster enough courage to do it.

Luke was scared. He was scared to look at Clive only to find the boy's face without his usual smile, the smile that would otherwise confirm that nothing had changed. Some rotten part of Luke's conscience was preparing him for the worst.

'What if I look at him and there's disgust written all over his face, or regret or anger or mockery or hate or-' he stopped himself. He felt rather squeamish.

But he couldn't avoid Clive for the rest of his stay, he'd have to man up and face the consequences.

He slowly turned his head towards Clive, uncertainty etched onto his face. Clive, who was awkwardly standing in the middle of the room, sensed movement and looked over at Luke.

He probably shouldn't have, one look at Luke's face and he had turned into one of the red baubles he had hung around the house earlier that very day.

He couldn't help himself. Luke looked so cute with his hair all over the place and his tired eyes. Everything Luke did was cute, from the way he had his head slightly askew to simply existing.

Luke had filled a void, a void that was never filled by any of Clive's friends or his accomplishments. Luke made him feel safe and there was nowhere he'd rather be than here with Luke.

So Clive smiled.

He smiled at Luke, though it was bashful and not one of his best he knew it had convinced Luke.

It had convinced Luke a little too much. Luke shut his eyes and pulled his lips into a smile of his own as he turned his head to face the ceiling once again, his palms slowly covering his eyes.

'He likes me.'

Luke couldn't tell for certain but the fact that Clive had smiled at him rather than anything made his insides squeeze.

He peeked through his fingers which resulted in Clive softly chuckling at him.

Clive didn't know why Luke had done that but he did know that Luke had his heart.

"You're so cute." Clive said adoringly.

Luke's heart leaped. Now that he was aware that Clive might actually like him, this compliment was more than just a compliment.

Luke lifted himself onto his arms as he scooted to one side of the bed, "we're sharing." He said trying to look as nonchalant as possible.

Clive didn't know what to think, were they going to continue where they left off? As much as he wants that kiss...it was a 'heat of the moment' thing. Even if Luke seemed like he wanted it now it's very likely that it was the alcohol and nothing else.

While Luke was kind of certain that Clive liked him, Clive was kind of certain that Luke was thoroughly drunk.

Luke suddenly realised he couldn't have Clive sleep in his uncomfortable clothes. Besides, it was their thing, wearing each other's clothes.

He made his way to the wardrobe and pulled out one of his large t-shirts and some comfy trousers.

Clive changed into them quickly, trying his best to fully hide from Luke's prying eyes and once he was done he plopped down onto Luke's bed.

"Flowers." Clive said his eyes closed and his lips curved into a small smile as he held the collar of his t-shirt to his nose.

'Cursed Surf tropical lily.' Luke's masculinity was hurt.

"I like flowers." Clive said playfully.

Luke didn't care; he just pulled Clive into his arms and held onto the boy firmly against his chest.

Clive didn't care either; he just put his arms around Luke's waist as he snuggled into him, not even caring about his hair that was all in Luke's face.

Luke softly chuckled and tried blowing off the hair from his face while Clive wore a dizzy smile that made his face hurt.

Luke relocated his arms and placed them around Clive's shoulder. How did this help the hair situation? Luke now had his right hand in Clive's hair and the other on the boy's back holding him flush against himself.

"I wanna be drunk everyday if this is how we spend our time after." Clive said, fully disregarding his conscience.

Luke pressed a soft kiss to his head that had Clive's heart soaring.

"The liquor store, I'll nick every last bottle." Luke said in a hushed tone.

They were empty words but the desire they incited within Clive was immense.

So he nuzzled into the crook of Luke's neck and placed a kiss of his own, hoping it would do justice to the bliss he felt in being contently wrapped around Luke.