Chapter 17

"Clive," Stephen pointed toward the boy, "do you know how to work a computer?"

They were all sitting around the table as usual with Stephen fully utilising his powers as council president to set order.

"Uh...yeah?"

"Good. You'll be taking care of the flyers for the drive. I want you to type out all the necessary details; venue, time, eligibility for donation and all the other bollocks."

"Got it."

"And use someone's assistance,"

Carol beamed over at Clive when Stephen mentioned assistance. Clive smiled and nodded.

They were soon dismissed and made their way out of the council room.

"Hello," Clive smiled at Carol who had made her way to his side as they walked through the corridor.
It was Tuesday and they were told to start working by tomorrow.

Clive spotted Luke and Emily at their table and walked over to them, Carol in cue.

"Good! Clive's here," Emily said as she shoved her phone into his face, "boys in skirts, your opinion."

"Uh...they're alright?." Clive replied.

"See I told you they're cute." Emily said smugly as she retrieved her phone.

"I didn't say they weren't...I just told you not to show me the pictures." Luke mumbled as he looked away.

Clive looked at him with amusement and when their eyes met Luke quickly looked away, his face on fire.

'Aw is someone shy.' well it was either that or Luke was a homophobe, Clive shivered.

"Oh hey Carol," Emily smiled, only noticing the girl.

Carol smiled warmly in return as she redirected her analytic gaze back to Luke.

"So how was..." Emily paused in thought, "whatever it is that you do in that meeting." She completed it with a smile.

"Clive and I are working together on the flyers for the drive!" Carol chirped.

"Oooo" Emily said as she wiggled her brow.

Clive just smiled and Luke just looked back and forth, not sure if he was on the same page as the rest of them.

"Right!" Emily nearly yelled as she abruptly got out of her seat, "I'll see you lads tomorrow."

"And hope you two have fun." She said with a wink, her words causing Carol to blush.

There was something terribly wrong and Luke could sense it.

Clive waved Emily goodbye and redirected his attention towards Luke and Carol, "Right we need to be heading home as well." He said as he walked over to Luke and yanked his arm.

'Damn right.' Luke thought as he got off his seat.

"Oh! Yes! I'll see you tomorrow!" Carol said, a tad bit embarrassed.

She looked up at Luke and muttered a bye before literally running away.

"Sweet girl." Clive said with a soft smile.

"Uh...yeah" Luke replied as he placed a protective arm around Clive's shoulder and pulled the boy into his side.

They made it out the gates and walked the streets draggingly.

"I'll have to stay a bit later tomorrow." Clive turned to look at Luke.

"Oh that's alright. Emily and I are making s'mores."