Chapter 24

Luke and Clive stood outside of Luke's house as they laughed their heads off, not to mention they were panting for their lives after their run from the grumpy old man who had taken offence at their public display of affection not long ago.

Luke was regretting his decision of making a run for it because now he could really feel his head reel.

"We need to get you inside." Clive gingerly helped walk Luke to the door.

Before Clive could guide him up the stairs Luke stopped dead in his tracks, "I don't think I can make it, you'll have to carry me." He said melodramatically.

Clive had his hands below Luke's knees and in one swift motion had the boy in his arms bridal style.

"Bloody hell, aren't you a strong one!" Luke shouted out in pure glee.

"Oh hello boys?" His father peeped out of the living room with his reading glasses perched on the bridge of his nose.

Clive stood there looking like a deer caught in the headlights with Luke in his arms (who was having the time of his life by the looks of it) while he faced a rather confused middle aged man.

"Uh I'll just be down here if you need me." Luke's father said awkwardly as he walked back into the living room, saving Clive of any further embarrassment.

Clive quickly made his way to Luke's room and gently placed Luke onto his bed.

"And I thought I was the bottom." He snickered in a low voice as Luke pulled him down by his tie for a quick peck.

But everyone knows how long a quick peck between Clive Luke actually lasts.

Clive crouched further towards Luke who propped himself up on his elbows. Clive was holding himself on one hand while the other tugged at Luke's hair angling the boy's head to deepen their kiss.

Luke forcefully yanked Clive's tie pulling the boy down on the bed beside him, "What the fuck was that for!" He aggressively whispered as he rubbed his neck that his tie had not so gently bruised.
Luke walked towards his bedroom door making sure he latched it shut.

"Here," he said once he had fished some comfy clothes for Clive to change into. Don't get Luke wrong the sight of Clive with his first two buttons undone and tie loosely hanging around his neck was definitely a sight to behold but how much better would it be to see the boy dressed in Luke's clothes? It caused a shiver to run down Luke's spine.

Clive changed into the clothes, (having kicked Luke's shin in the process for peeking) he sat himself down. Luke randomly pounced on the boy trapping Clive under him.

"I don't think heavily making out constitutes rest." Clive argued once Luke was fully on top of him.  The latter hovered over him for a minute admiring the view, "You're so beautiful." He said in awe as he studied every detail of Clive's face.

Clive looked away feeling overwhelmed, Luke gingerly grabbed his cheek kissing him again. "It's true," he said as he fell onto the mattress beside Clive.

"Right." Clive said hoping Luke would drop the matter.

They laid there for a while, no words being exchanged.

"Something's the matter," Luke said observantly.

"I'm a horrible person." Clive whined, his head in his hands.

"How so?"

"It's Carol," Clive sighed.

Luke perked up at the mention of the girl's name, suddenly interested in the ongoing conversation since it involved a potential threat.

"Apparently I'm an inconsiderate tosser who toys around people who like me." Clive said, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Who told you that?" Luke got himself up into a sitting position with a frown etched onto his face.

"Just a few of her mates, they were so sure that I was aware of Carol's crush on me." He said, feeling misunderstood, "I really didn't know." He wrapped his arms around Luke's waist hiding his head in the latters warm jumper.

"Well you know the truth, isn't that enough?" Luke asked as he gently ran his fingers through Clive's hair.

"For a people pleaser like me? No I'm afraid not." Clive knew he was being difficult, how could Luke be of any help when the problem was one that didn't really have a solution.

"Did you talk to Carol about this?"

"I tried to but she kept changing the subject and we ended up talking about crumpets."

"Crumpets?" Luke asked with an amused smile, "is that what you were talking about so passionately earlier today?"

Clive groaned in response, burying his face deeper into Luke's side.

"I'm sure they'll have the whole school knowing in no time."

"You know what?" Luke said letting go of Clive which made the latter look up with an angry pout.

"No one's gonna believe it."

"Yeah?" Clive asked, confused.

"No one is going to believe that their beloved Clive played around with some poor girl's feelings just for the fun of it. I mean listen to yourself, that's ridiculous! Everyone knows you and everyone loves you! You do know they have a reason to do so."

Clive looked at Luke with his brow raised wondering where he was going with his speech. He also didn't miss how this was probably the most Luke had ever spoken.

"It's because," Luke cupped Clive's face in his hands, squishing him, "you're a sweetheart." He said before placing random soft kisses all over the boy's squashed face.

Clive struggled to get out of Luke's hold all while laughing because God did he love that boy. He grabbed Luke's hands and sent him a sincere smile that made Luke's face light up, he pulled Clive so that the boy's back was against his chest.

Everything felt perfect. Luke had his back against the headboard of his bed with Clive in his arms in the solitude and comfort of his bedroom, with of course the door shut.

Clive could feel Luke's warm breath fan over his neck, he tilted his head slightly to peck the boy's cheeks lovingly. It was all they did, kiss each other every two minutes.

Luke reached towards his nightstand and picked up a notepad and pencil, "you're still on for that date then?" He asked, bringing the stationery to Clive's tummy who was leaning into his chest.

"Of course!" He exclaimed as Luke began to scribble down onto his notepad, "Are you making a schedule for our date!" Clive asked with a sweet laugh.

"No, just ideas. What do you have in mind? Any fancy restaurants?"

"I was thinking something more, you know personal" Clive said bashfully as he drew tiny hearts on Luke's arm with his fingers.

"What? Like sex?"

"LUKE!"

"What's not personal about se-"

"Okay that's enough." Clive said as he covered Luke's mouth with his hand.

"Right, so you mentioned fancy restaurants? Why can't we just cook our own meals?"

"Are we pretending that we're unaware of the fact that you can't even turn the stove on?" Luke teased.

"I can learn! You..." he pressed his finger against Luke's nose, "...can teach me."

"That would be cute." Luke thought out loud.

"Yes! And we'll make a day of it." Clive said happily as he rested his head back onto Luke's shoulder shutting his eyes.

Luke sighed in content thinking to himself, 'Have I ever been happier?'