Chapter 7

Luke had never looked forward to a Monday morning before, but he just had to see Clive again.

They didn't get to do much after the film, Luke simply dropped Clive home, of course sending him off with the remaining bags of crisps and what not.

Clive had promised to return his clothes back next time he saw him and no, that wasn't the reason Luke wanted to see the boy. In all honesty he'd rather have Clive keep the clothes, like some sort of reminder of Luke.

'God that's creepy.
It's not like you're dead Luke.'

Luke was in class now paying absolutely no attention to the teacher who kept yapping about figures of speech or something whilst Luke had his chin resting on one palm reminiscing Friday night.

'He wants to get to know me better...first?'

He had said 'first'? What did that mean? Like the first person who ever tried to be Luke's friend maybe?

'Awfully sweet of him.' Luke smiled as he felt his insides warm up for the umpteenth time since he had spent time with the other boy.

He'd have Clive over any day. It wasn't that hard to convince his parents that he was having a friend over and that they'd have to stay out longer. Yes he really did have his parents out for a whole day just so he could have Clive over.

"How was your date then?" his dad had asked, his mum eagerly awaiting Luke's reply as she made her way into the room behind her husband.

They were quite disappointed when he let them know that he had actually only had a friend over. They felt they had stayed out for nothing.

Luke wasn't sure what he was going to tell Clive when he saw him later that day. He couldn't possibly suggest they hang out again even though that's all Luke wanted. He wanted to get to know Clive just as Clive had suggested the other day but Luke just didn't know how he'd bring it up again. It didn't matter, it'd be enough if he could just see the boy for a few minutes.

•••

Clive sat with a few of his friends during lunch, disinterested in both the sandwich that sat before him and the conversation at the table.

They were planning on getting into some night club without IDs. Clive would love to go but honestly? It wasn't his scene. A room full of sweaty drunk people? Hard pass.

He'd much rather stay at home doing homework or maybe hanging out with Luke. Luke was so much more his pace well at least the other boy made it seem like it. Clive was still doubtful of Luke's intentions or his personality in general, the boy was such a charmer he could charm his way into anyone's heart even without uttering more than 3 words. His disposition had Clive hooked, he really did want to understand him better...well that's what he told himself, any excuse to be near the other boy.

He debated on whether he should have Luke over later in the guise of doing homework or something but didn't want to seem too clingy.

He sighed but no one really noticed, they never did. Everyone thought Clive had it good and maybe Clive did but there was always this part of him that was never content, he felt a great deal of comfort when he could interact with people one on one. He was the kind of person who'd feel alone even in a room full of people
And despite being everybody's friend he always wished he could have that special someone who he could truly be himself around, someone he could have all to himself...maybe someone he could love.

Clive got himself out of his seat, he was going to look for Luke. He hadn't seen the boy all morning for some odd reason, hopefully he wasn't trying to avoid Clive after the failed attempt at a one night stand. Clive found himself frowning, leave it to him to come up with the most bizarre theories known to mankind.
Maybe there was nothing suspicious or weird about his relationship with Luke and if there was then he'd find out today. He was going to have Luke over and nothing was going to stop him.