Chapter 9

It had been well over 4 days since Luke made a complete wuss of himself in the arms of Clive. Despite Clive's assurances that it did not matter Luke liked to think otherwise. He didn't regret it, Clive was the first person who ever showed him any compassion and he would fully take him on the offer.

They hung out every other day like they were the best of friends. They even exchanged numbers so they could track each other down without any hassle. Everything seemed perfect to Luke; he had even been invited to have lunch with Clive's friends but had kindly declined the offer. A few of Clive's mates had even had the heart to smile at him every time they crossed paths, there was no doubt they were aware that Clive ditched them on a daily only to have lunch with Luke and the fact that it didn't bother them made Luke realise that maybe people weren't that bad.

Luke was having dinner with his parents peacefully when,

"Aunt Felicity is coming over for dinner tomorrow," his mum said, eyes fixed on her plate.

'No fucking way.'

Luke just looked over at his mum with a pained expression.

"And the boys." His dad added with a curt nod as he reminded his wife.

'Absolutely not. Not the sodding boys.' Luke thought, now looking over at his dad. He didn't know why he did that, it's not like he was actually saying this out loud for his parents to notice his distress.

Luke didn't hate the twins he just couldn't put up with their bullshit, he had for all his childhood that was until they had to leave town after aunt Felicity's nasty divorce. Having them back would just bring back memories, memories Luke wished Will and Sam took with them for good.

"They landed themselves dirt bikes after the alimony" his father said with an amused expression to which his mum just shook her head clearly disappointed.

Luke wasn't surprised, they were spoiled rotten and this whole divorce thing had them experiencing the best of both worlds with both of their parents trying to get them on their respective sides. He'd bet a tenner that Will and Sam were living their best tory lives in some posh neighbourhood.

"Which means we'll be having dinner as early as 5 in the afternoon." his mum reminded them.

"Ah shite." his dad grumbled before mum sent him a glare.

Luke had lost his appetite about 6 minutes ago when this conversation had started, he excused himself from the table and made his way to his room, planting himself face first onto the sheets.
He couldn't have Will and Sam over on such short notice, he'd have to mentally prepare to face them. Don't get him wrong Luke really did love them they always made sure Luke was involved but that's where the problem lay, he didn't want to be involved.

Maybe he should text Clive.
Maybe he shouldn't.
He didn't want to fully abuse his right to text Clive, that was only meant for emergencies plus he didn't want to unload his minor miseries onto Clive.

So he didn't.

•••

Luke was making his dad some eggs for breakfast, the man couldn't even crack the egg open.
His mum had to work on Saturdays but his dad who worked at the university had the day off.

Today was the day. He was only annoyed. He had a Saturday routine, well he had a routine for everyday and really didn't appreciate people barging into them except if it was Clive, Clive got best friend (more like only friend) privileges. Luke had learnt to work his schedule around having Clive over, he'd managed...somehow.

Luke was called down to help set the table by his mum at around 4, once done he practically fell onto the couch and turned the telly on. His mum smacked him on the head, snatched the remote and turned the telly off.