Chapter 15

'Maybe things did change, FOR THE BETTER!' Luke thought as he lay in his bed the next morning securely tucked away into Clive's chest as a little spoon.

He could feel the wavering throb in his head from all the drinking they had done the night before but it was all cancelled out with Clive holding onto him like that.

It was 8 AM on a Sunday morning and Luke had reached out immediately to turn the alarm off in fear of it waking Clive up, he wanted to spend the rest of day in this position with Clive's arm around his waist and his warm breath fanning over Luke's nape, but he knew that it wasn't possible for the reason that his parents were probably expecting him for breakfast any minute now and the fact that his numbing hand ached for any sort of movement.

'I'll have to escape.'

As if on cue Clive tightened his hold on Luke and nuzzled further into his neck as he continued on with his steady breathing.

'On second thought,'

Luke was very punctual and his parents knew this. Five minutes had passed and he was sure one of them was going to make an appearance to check on him.

He placed his hand over Clive's which was faintly over Luke's stomach and laced his fingers with those of Clive's. He wanted to squeal. He wanted this everyday.

It seemed too far-fetched though when Clive fluttered his eyes open and took in their position which made him recoil from Luke in shock and pure terror.

"What's wrong?" Luke drawled sweetly through clenched teeth. He wasn't going to have Clive behave like this after last night.

Clive on the other hand wasn't sure, in essence there was nothing wrong with cuddling a friend.

"Er...nothing?" He replied still conflicted.

'That's what I thought.'

Luke slightly raised his arm providing just enough space for Clive to slide right back into his rightful position as the big spoon.
And Clive did, he put his arms around Luke and pulled the boy back into his chest despite the embarrassing pace his heart was beating in.

Both of them let out a sign of relief as they could feel the other's heart hammering as well.

Everything was bliss
Apart from the head splitting hangover that is.

'This could work.' They thought but only to themselves.

•••

Luke had made himself present in the kitchen whilst Clive took a shower.

"Good morning." Luke called out to his parents as he went over to the sink for a tall glass (or maybe 3) of water.

His mum just shook her head fully aware that Luke had been drinking.

"You look properly buggered," his dad said with zero hesitation.

Luke wished.

He took a seat and all eyes were on him.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE!" His mum almost yelled as she had only now got a good look at his face.

Luke was taken aback, kind of offended as well until he realised she was talking about the band aid on his chin and not his face in general.

"Had a fall." He said simply

There was a silence.

"Clive's upstairs."

His parents looked at each other and back at him, "who?". It was comical how his parents had thought Luke was having a date over when he had kicked them out so aggressively the day before.