Chapter 21

"Jan, Liv ditched me for some tall, dark and handsome fellow

"Jan, Liv ditched me for some tall, dark and handsome fellow." Ada leans against the girl.

"Didn't you just yack? I think that means you should stop drinking." Daren says from out of nowhere, appearing in front of the girls. "No, that's my body's way of making room for more." She responds in a smart tone, taking another drink from her cup.

"Ada here is a skilled drinker." Janet hugs her side. "But....I'm not sure how you're gonna get home."

"Me either." She laughs, reaching for Daren's wrist to check the time. "Oh wow, it's late. Jan, you can drive me home right?"

"That's a negative, I rode with Lucky and the car is full. Couldn't you just call Nancy or...what's her boyfriends name? The tall one, has a brother?"

"Jonny? Yeah, I need a phone to call...no not Jonny but...someone." Her brain hurts from thinking too hard, so she just goes off to find exactly what she needs. Smiling as she finds the phone hung on the wall, she lazily dials in a number, messing up a few times before getting it successfully.

"Hello?" Steve's groggy voice answers in a matter of pure confusion. "Steve! Hey." She drags out the words, toying with the coil cord. "Ada? It's almost three in the morning."

"Oh...you're asleep. Sorry pal, my pal Steve." She giggles, looking over as the crowd starts to die down. "No, it's okay...are you okay?"

"I'm great, I'm just stranded. Liv deserted me you know, now I'm all alone and lonely. Looooonelyyy."

Steve rubs his tired eyes, sitting up from his bed. "You're drunk." He states, making her scoff. "Just a little bit. A little bit drunk."

"Where are you? I'll come pick you up."

Leaning against the wall she laughs at the sight of a boy trying to do karaoke to Hopelessly Devoted To You. "A party. I'm party girl Ada at a party. But I'm sad at the party Steve, they aren't as fun as they used to be."

"What party are you at? Who's house?"

"Tommy H. That guy is such a prick. Everyone's like 'happy birthday Billy' and I just want to scream. And I'm like so hungry, I don't think I've eaten in two days but it's okay. When I was thirteen I once told my parents I was fasting. I didn't eat for like two weeks." She continues to rant on, not even listening to the boy when he says to wait there and that he's coming to get her.

And he keeps his word, showing up ten minutes later and pushing through meaningless bodies to find her sitting alone on the stairs, head hung low as she plays with a lighter she found. "Ada, come on."

Her head lifts to meet his eyes, a small smile playing her lips. "Steve." She stands, slightly swaying and stumbling as she ends up at his side. "Woah, okay." Hooking an arm around her waist to support her weight, he guides her to the front. "I didn't mean to drink so much. I was just so bored."