Chapter 12

The beauty of making things official is that you can do things you weren't able to do before

But making out aggressively and seeing who can get naked first while the parents are just downstairs, was still something Ada wasn't too sure was allowed.

As far as Karen was concerned, Ada was helping Billy complete the English essay that was assigned to them over Winter break.

To some degree, it was true. That's how they started out, sitting across from each other on her bed, Billy still stupidly smirking at the way Mrs. Wheeler looked him up and down. But as she pressed play on the stereo and turned the volume up to hear her mixtape start to play, the essay was long forgotten.

She pretended she didn't know what she was doing, speaking calmly about the thesis as her foot slowly slid up his pant leg. She chewed on her blood red nails, innocently, as he took in a breath and readjusted himself.

Finally he got tired of her games, tossing the book aside and forcefully pulling her towards him, making her yelp in surprise.

"The doors not locked." She states as he pulls the buttons of her shirt apart. "I really don't fucking care." He mutters, sucking at her neck. Ada bites her lip and giggles at the feeling, in complete bliss as he trails down to the top of her chest.

He only pulls away to pull his shirt off over his head, moving forward to push her backward against the mattress. His tongue grazes her bottom lip and she sighs happily, parting her lips for him.

Spearmint gum.

Always stupid spearmint gum and smoke.

They were too wrapped up in each other that they completely blocked out the sound of Nancy walking up the stairs.

As she opens the door and walks in, a gasp lodges into her throat. "Jesus."

Billy pulls away from Ada, turning to look at Nancy with an amused smile. Ada clears her throat, "Nance, we were just-"

"Yeah I know what you two were doing." She interrupts, turning to walk back out of the room. To say the least, Nancy wasn't fond of the relationship but she knew Ada was going to do whatever Ada wanted to do.

And apparently, what she wanted to do was the town dirt bag, Billy Hargrove.

She leans against the wall, watching as Billy comes out of the room moments later, slipping his jacket on and giving her a fake smile. "Always a pleasure, Nancy."

She only rolls her eyes, watching her best friend trail after him.

Karen eyes them from the living room as the two walk outside, smiling to herself and going back to her book.

As the door closes, Billy turns to grip her hips. "Tomorrow night, I'll pick you up at ten for the New Years party."

She nods up at him, loving the feeling of his hands trailing up her body to hold her face in his palms. Leaning to kiss her once more, she hums sweetly, pulling away to stop him or else they'd be standing out on the porch for another five minutes.