Chapter 18

"Okay

"Okay..." She breathes, closing her eyes. "Do it."

Just as Liv moves closer, she screeches and moves back again, making the girls laugh. "Ada, hold still or it'll be all messed up!" Liv pleads. "Nancy, hold her head."

Holding completely still, whining as she feels Liv take the section of hair that was tied with a rubber band. "One...two..."

"Wait!"

Snip.

Gasping, her eyes snap open to see the blonde holding what used to be the front strands of her hair, now she's left with bangs. "Holy shit." She curses.

Nancy moves around to look at her, giggling.

"Are they bad?"

"No. Not at all."

Grabbing the mirror, she looks at her reflection and smiles. Then she bursts out with laughter, taking the bundle of hair from Liv and dances around the room like a maniac.

Blondie's 'Heart Of Glass' plays as the two watch from the floor as their friend paces in the realization of what she just did.

It's been a total of four weeks and it was well into March now, edging onto the border of April, and Nancy was happy to say she had her old Ada back.

Sure it took her the first week to figure out what the hell she was doing but Nancy finally called her out and told her to snap out of it.

And Ada realized that she was angry, and the best way to use that anger was to make it look like she was doing just fine.

And then she didn't have to pretend.

Oh, but the bangs were 100% Liv's idea.

"Girls! Dinner!" Karen shouts for them, making them race down the stairs in a fit of laughter, skidding into the kitchen with guilty faces. "What?" Karen asks, not paying attention.

But her eyes soon widen as Ada lifts up the hair in her hand. "Adaline Sophia!" The mother exclaims.

"Blame Olivia!"

The woman stands with her hands covering her mouth, smiling none the less. "Sit down for dinner you maniacs."

Mike and the boys wander in to sit at the bigger table Karen had bought to accompany all the kids she seemed to have. The dark haired boy eyed Ada, jumping back as she wiggles the hair in front of him. "Agh! Ada stop!"

"What's wrong Michael?" She terrorizes, making Nancy hide her smile. "You! You're what's wrong with me!"

Karen sticks out her hand, motioning for the girl to hand over the bundle. The look she gives makes her drop it with a bashful grin. "Sorry, Mom."

Ted sits at the head of the table looking at the way all the kids dig into the food presented. "Karen, honey, we're gonna have to refinance the house."

"Oh hush, Ted." She dismisses it, placing a plate in front of Holly.