𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤

"I'm coming soon." Sora said smiling over the phone.

Kai's response was immediate and filled with excitement, his voice tinged with wonder.

"Are you really? When?!"

In response to Kai's enthusiasm, Sora's laughter was characterized by a sense of shared excitement as she replied.

"February the first. So three months from now! It may be a while, because Ojisan told me to stay, he needs help with a few things."
(Ojisan= Uncle in Japanese)."

Kai's response was marked by scoff, while Sora, well aware of his sentiments regarding her uncle, offered a light-hearted laugh in return.

Kai was intent on continuing the conversation when the interruption of a knock on his door caused him to pause.

On the other side of the door, Mina's voice was heard, politely requesting,

"Hey Kai, can we talk?"

Kai's initial reaction was a frozen pause, and Sora, displaying her annoyance through her actions, promptly ended the phone call without formalities.

Kai carefully opened the door to see Mina happily smiling on the other side, and resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"What do you want?" Kai huffed.

Mina smiled and entered his room while holding a batch of cookies in her hand.

"I want to thank you for letting me go on this mission! I made cookies and I know you don't really like the sweets I make, but I just wanted to show my appreciation!" Mina said sweetly.

Kai's response was accompanied by a warm smile as he approached and took a seat beside her.

He offered both appreciation and caution, presenting a gun from his pocket with the words,

"You know, I want you to be careful. I don't want you getting hurt. So, if anything goes wrong, carry this."

Mina accepted the gun with a smile and a nod of acknowledgment while Kai began tiredly speaking once more.

"You should sleep Mina. We have a long day ahead of us."

Mina nodded in agreement , rising with enthusiasm and a cheerful demeanor as she walked toward the door.

Before she exited the room, Mina's smile deepened, and she gently turned to Kai before saying the one sentence that had been on her mind all evening long.

"I love you Kai."

Kai tensed and acknowledged her words with a nod, before awkwardly closing the door before calling Sora back.

Mina sighed in disappointment as the door shut.

Kai still didn't return her feelings.

Mina shook off those thoughts immediately since the next day, she would make her mark and no one could stop her.

Kai felt guilty after seeing her face as he shut the door, because he truly did love Mina.

Just not in the way she wanted.

As time passed, a genuine affection developed within Kai for Mina, leading him to contemplate the idea of marriage.

Initially, Mina had entered his life as something of a rebound, but her commitment and sacrifice in order to be with him changed his perspective, making him appreciate her dedication and selflessness.

But most of all, Kai liked the way he could control Mina so easily.

She was so obedient towards him, and never ever said no.