ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱𝔟𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔨

In the quiet of the morning, Kai awoke ahead of Mina, anticipation for seeing Sora coursing through his thoughts.

However, amidst his excitement, he couldn't shake the weight of the forthcoming conversation with Mina about Sora.

Carefully crafting his words to soften the inevitable blow, he busied himself preparing for the day ahead.

Intent on lessening the impact, Kai readied breakfast, tidied the apartment, and even readied a temporary space for Mina, all while his mind lingered on the impending conversation.

When Mina awoke to the spotless apartment and a waiting breakfast, she couldn't believe her luck.

She walked up to the small table they had near the front door, and saw breakfast waiting for her, although Kai wasn't there.

Mina saw a note on the counter, from Kai, saying.

"Went to the store to grab a few things! Want to talk to you later."

Mina happily smiled, before indulging in her breakfast.

She decided she would go clean up Kai's room as a token of her appreciation, although looked confused as she saw several boxes of her things littered around the room.

"What the hell?" Mina whispered.

Yet, as she explored further, stumbling upon her belongings scattered and a ring on Kai's nightstand, her world shifted.

Mina's heart raced as she beheld the ring, a glimmering promise of affection.

Attempting to slip it on, she found it too large, yet her hopeful spirit soared with the belief that Kai intended to resize it for her.

"Kai probably has to get it sized before he gives it to me! Oh, he really does love me!" she exclaimed, her excitement brimming with fervent assurance.

Resolving to spare herself from further unexpected revelations, Mina chose to refrain from exploring Kai's room any further, preferring to avoid stumbling upon additional surprises.

Instead, she diverted her attention, switching on the television, and commenced her preparations for the day ahead.

"Leonardo De Luca soon to be arrested on murder chargers, sources say. The businessman was accused of murder, after an innocent woman was run over, and found dead in her hospital room, days later. To the Johnson family, just know the law is by your side. Rita will get her justice."

As the news of Leonardo De Luca's impending arrest unfurled on TV, reality came crashing down on Mina.

Her plans, her allegiances, everything spun wildly.

As Mina's complexion drained of color, a chilling realization dawned on her, jolting her memory back to the plan she had formulated before drifting into slumber.

Swiftly, she seized a handful of crayons and paper, before hastily departing.

Mina would help Leonardo escape jail, even though she was the one arresting him.

There was only one place she could go.

The Valentina Hotel.

*********

Before Mina rose from slumber, Kai took the initiative to run some errands, gathering a few necessities to facilitate her transition out of their shared home.

Despite acknowledging it as Mina's home too, Kai believed providing her space elsewhere would be prudent, mindful of Sora's unease with hotels following Kenji's passing.