𝔅𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔰

Four months later, August 12, 1997

The sound of beach waves hitting the rocks and the smell of salt filled the air as the windows opened widely in the De Luca Manor.

"No ma I'm not really feeling any soup right now. I want a cigar. Hey Leo, can you pass me the cigars? I can smell a pack in the cabinet beside you." Emiliano said smiling.

Lucia scoffed and hit Emiliano's head in annoyance.

"No cigar for you little boy! Now hurry up, eat your soup! You too Leonardo! Get off the phone with whoever you're speaking to!" Lucia said annoyed.

Leonardo sighed and hung up the phone with Gabriella.

He couldn't believe he was asleep for four whole months.

And ironically, he woke up on the same day that was also his supposed wedding day to Aurora!

Although, Leonardo still wanted to know what was going on with Mina and what happened to Angelina, Alaia, Addison, and the mysterious woman.

As Leonardo ate his soup, someone tackled him to the bed.

"LEONARDO!" Salvatore said happily.

Leonardo chuckled as his papa hugged him tight and embraced him.

For the first time in forever, Leonardo was finally being shown love after an injury.

Lucia and Dante were always there for Emiliano, but Leonardo was always alone.

Having Salvatore here to comfort him only made the pain easier.

"How are you feeling Leo? Gabriella is ecstatic to hear about your awakening!" Salvatore said happily.

"I'm actually fine. I can walk and nothing hurts. I feel like a new man! How's the mafia doing? Did you know Angelina is the one who did this?" Leonardo said angrily.

Salvatore sighed and touched his forehead in frustration as Leonardo spoke.

Truth be told, the war he was trying to start was actually harder than expected.

He couldn't declare war on the Asahi's since they were already at war.

And, Salvatore couldn't declare war on Atlas because Atlas didn't do anything to harm his family or the De Luca mafia.

"It's hard to explain figlio. But, I want you to go back to New York and rest for a few months. I'll take care of the mafia. There's a plane waiting to take you tonight. I'm gonna stay in Sicily for a few months until this all blows over. You okay with that Leonardo?" Salvatore asked curiously.

Leonardo's mouth dropped.

He could have a break from the mafia?

But he had to go back to New York?

"Y-yeah, of course. But uhm, I want to go back to Vegas. I'll return to New York by the end of the year, but I have a few unresolved issues. Can I go?" Leonardo asked hopefully.

Though Salvatore didn't want Leonardo to partake in any other stressful situations, it seemed as though he was incredibly eager to go back.

Salvatore sighed but nodded at Leonardo's request, making Leonardo happily sigh with glee.

"Me too Uncle Sal! Count me in on the flight to Vegas. I also have a few unresolved issues if you know what I mean!" Emiliano winked.

Salvatore eyed Emiliano with disgust as he spoke.

This kid was so immature.

"Ask your mama Emiliano. You're not my son." Salvatore said smiling.

Emiliano groaned and turned to Lucia with giant puppy dog eyes.