𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 & 𝔉𝔯𝔲𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

Jack's voice carried a tone of astonishment.

"WHEN? HOW?"

Morgan, his demeanor one of disappointment, replied, "Last night, just before midnight. All the guards were taken out, and the diamond was stolen," his voice laced with somberness.

Kai seethed with frustration, while Mina, for her part, saw a silver lining in the situation.

The theft itself was a problem, but it meant something more to her.

A chance to finally prove herself.

No longer confined to the car or station during critical cases, she saw this as her moment to shine.

"Okay! Thank you, Morgan! We'll start working on it right now!" Mina expressed joyfully.

Morgan rolled his eyes at her excitement and shot Mina a sidelong glance before departing.

"Guys, what do we do now?" Mina asked with excitement.

Kai, wearing a smile that perplexed Jack, nodded in affirmation.

Jack, his brow furrowed, voiced his confusion, "Now hold up, why are we smiling? This this a good thing?"

Kai continued to nod, prompting Mina to share in the confusion.

"I know who it is," Kai stated with a smirk.

Mina and Jack both sighed, realizing who Kai was insinuating.

Jack responded in annoyance, "Don't even say his name! It's not him! You always pin everything on him!"

Kai shot a glare at Jack before directing a lopsided grin at Mina.

With a sense of assurance, Mina always had his back.

After all, he was her husband.

Mina sighed before nodding her head."Fine. We'll investigate him, just one more time."

Kai rewarded her with a smile and blew Mina a playful kiss.

"Leonardo De Luca is going to find himself behind bars very soon," he declared confidently.

Jack groaned and pounded the table before sifting through files, extracting a familiar name.

"Here," he said, tossing the file unenthusiastically toward Kai.

Kai accepted it and proceeded to investigate the contents, including the CCTV footage from the museum where the stolen diamond had been housed.

While Kai navigated the data on the computer, Mina observed with a knowing smile.

Her husband was once again embroiled in his relentless pursuit of Leonardo, driven by a personal vendetta that had fueled his decision to become a cop.

Mina and Jack often questioned whether Kai's hatred toward Leonardo was personal, as his sole source of satisfaction appeared to be the prospect of the criminal's incarceration.

Kai suddenly gasped, prompting Mina and Jack to rush over, eager to see what had transpired.

"What is it?" Mina inquired with excitement.