𝔉𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔲𝔯𝔢

The moment Enzo and Emiliano brought Mina to the warehouse, Leonardo only had one feeling surging through his body.

A thirst for revenge .

"Here she is boss. I have to go home now, my wife and daughter are waiting. It's my turn to make dinner!" Enzo cheerfully informed.

"Alright go Enzo. But don't make that lasagna, it was horrible last time!" Emiliano retorted with a gag.

With a huff, Enzo patted Leonardo's back before taking his leave, leaving Mina unconscious in the corner of the room.

Leonardo approached her with caution, removing the bag concealing her face.

However, his expectations were shattered as Mina, delivered a forceful kick to his abdomen as he believed she was passed out.

"RELEASE ME!" Mina demanded, her anger evident.

Emiliano stifled a chuckle while Leonardo, recovering from the blow, shot Mina a stern gaze.

"Leave the room. I want to talk to this cagna, alone."" Leonardo instructed, Emiliano made his exit wishing him luck.

Leonardo eyed Mina,wondering how a small woman like her could deceive him so.

In response, Mina glared at him before angrily escaping the ropes and attempting to open the door, only to discover it locked.

Leonardo seized her by the neck, further stoking her fury.

"Unlock the door! I'm with the LVDP! I can have you arrested!" Mina exclaimed.

Leonardo found amusement in Mina's attempt at intimidation, her soft demeanor at odds with her threats.

Mina tried being intimidating, but her big doe eyes and soft voice betrayed her.

"Arrest me? Really Amina? Then do it. I dare you!" he taunted, a smirk playing on his lips.

Mina's complexion paled at the mention of her name, though she concealed her shock, defending herself.

"Alright fine. You found out who I am, but I didn't mean any harm. I promise! It's my partners who did the damage! Don't blame me!" Mina pleaded.

Leonardo scoffed, skeptical that a police officer would have no harmful intentions.

Especially toward someone like him.

"Oh really? You do didn't mean any harm? Then why did you break into the Diamond room? Why did you steal my papers? No harm my ass." Leonardo retorted.

"Correction, my partners broke into the Diamond room, and stole your paper. But honestly, the only reason we investigated you, was because we wanted to know if you stole the Diamond. And we found out you didn't, so the whole plan was for nothing," Mina explained.

Leonardo tensed, realizing she had truly meant no harm, yet lying to him did not go unpunished.

Though Mina was not Aliyah, he found himself oddly drawn to her, despite her fiery disposition compared to her calm alter ego.

"All you wanted to find out is if I stole the Diamond?  Nothing more?" Leonardo asked, baffled.

Mina sighed, pushing him away and sat on the floor, fiddling with a ring, before meeting his gaze.

Leonardo was shocked by her lack of fear, as many were terrified in his presence.

He quickly became uncomfortable grew as he noticed the ring, presumably her wedding band.

"What? Aren't you supposed to torture me, and then I fight back, resulting in my death, and your end? Then, you escape from prison, burdened by guilt over my death, ultimately ending your own life because you fell in love with me?" Mina mused with innocence.