ℌ𝔦𝔰 𝔗𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔅𝔯𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔫 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱

After a lengthy three-day hospital stay, the doctors finally granted Mina permission to return home.

In her room, Mina sat while her dad lovingly served her pasta, and her mom efficiently packed her belongings.

During these past few days, Mina had reconnected with her parents, despite their lingering judgmental tendencies, and she felt grateful for the renewed bond.

"I don't know if I can trust Kai to watch over you, Amina! Maybe we shouldn't go to Pakistan for Eid, Yusuf." Mariam sighed.

Yusuf agreed, but Mina vigorously shook her head, not wanting her parents to cancel the trip they had eagerly anticipated for months because of her.

"No, you should still go! Don't worry about me, alright? Kai has been wonderful taking care of me, and I'm sure he'll only improve! Please, go ahead with the trip," Mina urged.

Though initially apologetic, Mariam and Yusuf were swayed by their daughter's plea, exchanging warm smiles with her as Imran and his wife arrived to collect Mina's bags.

"What would we do without our Amina?" Yusuf exclaimed joyfully.

Mina blushed, Imran playfully ruffled her hair, and Fatima enveloped her in a hug.

For a moment, everything felt ordinary, reminiscent of the past.

"I know, right? If only you all had accepted her earlier, our lives would've been much happier!" Imran enthused.

Mina chuckled, Yusuf nodded in agreement, while Mariam smiled, slightly uncomfortable with Imran's comment. 

As the family gathered, Jack and Denise entered the room with bright smiles, prompting Mina to swiftly adjust her hijab.

"Hey there, Mary! How's it going, girl? Long time no see!" Jack greeted with a smirk.

Mariam rolled her eyes at Jack's antics, triggering a giggle from Mina, recalling how Jack used to annoy her parents during their high school days.

Denise waved to the family before assisting Mina to stand up, each movement causing Mina to emit a small groan, heightening her family's concern.

"I'm good. I'm good. Don't worry, guys. Just a little sore," Mina reassured them.

"You're good? Girl, yo ass just got shot! Whatcu mean you good? If I was you, I woulda been crying for my mama!" Jack exclaimed in disbelief.

Mina giggled again, but the room seemed slightly disappointed until the family began bidding their goodbyes.

Mariam and Yusuf enveloped Mina in tight hugs, especially Yusuf, who showered her with kisses on her head as she expressed gratitude for their help.

Imran and Fatima also embraced her, with Fatima whispering into Mina's ear, "If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

Smiling at Fatima's words, Mina hugged her back before the entire family departed.

"I'll call you every day, Amina, and you better pick up, alright?" Mariam shouted.

"Of course, Mama! Only if you say good things about me to the family!" Mina playfully replied, earning a smile from Mariam.

"Where's Kai? I thought we were leaving together," Mina said, puzzled.

Before Jack could respond, Kai entered the room, his face lighting up at seeing Mina standing.

"Look at you! You're standing! That's amazing, Mina! You're so strong!" Kai exclaimed.

Mina blushed as Denise and Jack teased her, but the moment was interrupted by the doctor's surprise at Mina's posture.

"My goodness! I didn't expect you to be standing already! That's amazing, Amina! I was about to send a wheelchair in, but it seems you're doing well on your own! I'd like to see you again next week for a follow-up," the doctor said with a smile.