ℜ𝔢𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔱

Five days had passed since the accident, and Mina was working on her recovery.

Each night, Mina found herself succumbing to sleep soon after taking her medication, though the reason confused her.

She resented this involuntary slumber, as it meant she couldn't help Kai with attending to Sora.

Despite Mina's absence during the day, Sora gravitated towards Kai, leaving Mina grateful that Sora had companionship.

Today, Mina resolved to take her medication after Kai had retired to bed, hoping to engage him in conversation, recognizing his nightly solitude.

Seated on the couch, Mina listened as Sora and Kai conversed with relatives from Japan in the room.

"Baba, I'll be alright, I promise! Keep me updated once you reach there, Inshallah! Safe travels! Oh, and say hello to Mama for me!" Mina spoke into the phone.

Today, Mina's family was headed to Pakistan to celebrate Eid, where they would be for the next three months.

Despite her desire to spend time with her family, Mina accepted their departure.

"Kai, there you are! How was your conversation with your uncle? Is Sora still awake?" Mina inquired eagerly.

Kai, caught off guard by Mina's wakefulness, tensed but confirmed Sora's alertness, prompting a sigh from Mina.

"Why are you still awake? Is your injury bothering you? Have you taken your medication? Have you eaten? Do you want something to eat?" Kai fretted.

"No, Kai, I'm fine. I just wanted to spend time with you and express my gratitude for looking after me these past few days. Come, sit," Mina replied warmly.

Kai, understanding her intentions, joined Mina on the couch.

Mina beamed at Kai, prompting him to await her words in silence.

"How are you feeling? I want you to know that I forgive you for what happened. If you need to talk about it, I'm here to listen," Mina offered gently.

Kai's eyes widened in astonishment at Mina's forgiveness.

"I- what? You forgive me? You're not angry? You don't want to divorce me? Why Mina? I messed up big time." Kai exclaimed.

Mina sighed, placing her hand atop Kai's, causing him to flinch before sheepishly withdrawing it.

Kai tensed at the contact, surprised by Mina's respect for his boundaries.

"Yeah, you did mess up. But ultimately, you're my husband. I know it was unintentional, so I won't hold it against you. Islam teaches us to forgive, Kai. And I believe if the situation were reversed, you would do the same for me. Wouldn't you?"

Kai's eyes widened once more as he grappled with the weight of his actions and Mina's forgiveness.

He struggled with her capacity for forgiveness, realizing that he didn't possess the same feelings.

Forgiveness had never been a part of Kai's upbringing.

Only revenge.

Kai's voice barely above a whisper, he replied, "Yeah, I would forgive you. Absolutely."

Mina reciprocated Kai's smile, realizing it was time to take her medication as the hour approached.

Accepting the glass of water Kai offered, Mina swallowed the pills, his own guilt creeping in as she drank the meds.

"I almost forgot to ask! How's Sora? I feel terrible for not being able to spend time with her. What have you two been up to lately?" Mina asked with curiosity.