ℜ𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢

Time felt slow.

Extremely slow.

"Gabi? I'm sad." Salvatore said sadly.

Both Gabriella and Salvatore sat on the couch as Salvatore laid his head onto Gabriella's shoulder, listening to her breathing.

"Me too daddy. I'm even more sad than you are!" Gabriella said sighing.

"No, I'm more sad. Imagine how it feels to know that your son lied and you missed out on your granddaughter. It's not a competition Gabi but it hurts me a lot more than it hurts you."

Gabriella rolled her eyes and scoffed before pushing Salvatore off her shoulder.

"No offense to you daddy but, Leo doesn't give a shit about you! He tells me EVERYTHING! Back in New York, Leo used to tell me every single thing he did in a day, including the times he went to the bathroom! But yeah daddy, you're right it's not a competition. Especially since I already won." Gabriella said smirking.

Salvatore groaned and rolled his eyes at his dramatic, hotheaded daughter before laying back on her shoulder.

Gabriella sighed once more as she listened to her papa's heavy breathing, realizing that Leonardo wasn't at fault.

"I feel so bad for forcing Leo to tell his secret! And you should feel even worse for slapping him! I can't believe you'd do that daddy! Leo didn't deserve to be exposed in front of everyone like that! Ugh, I'm such a horrible sister!" Gabriella said exhausted.

While Salvatore was the one unleashed his anger onto Leonardo, even he knew that the slap was too much.

After Leonardo didn't return to the home that night, Salvatore and Gabriella sat in sadness together, contemplating all their past decisions.

"I'm glad you told us. But, I do feel horrible for slapping Leonardo. I just know he hates me now. God, I don't even know what to do anymore! I've been a horrible father to Leo time and time again yet he still loves me! He had every right to keep his daughter a secret! What do I do Gabi? How can I make it up to Leo?" Salvatore said sadly.

"I don't know daddy. But, just know that to me, you're the best daddy in the entire world. Maybe you can start mending your relationship by breaking off the marriage between Aurora and Leonardo. That's a start!" Gabriella said smiling.

As soon as Gabriella spoke, Salvatore tensed once more.

This was the second time someone told Salvatore to break off the agreement with Aurora's parents!

"Why? Why does everyone keep telling me that? Wait. Does Leonardo love someone?" Salvatore asked curiously.

Gabriella's face paled and she quickly shook her head as her eyebrows rose high.

Salvatore's eyes widened in surprise as he watched Gabriella's reaction to his question.

Every time Gabriella lied, her eyes widened and eyebrows rose. Salvatore knew his daughter too well.

There was no way that Leonardo was in love and Salvatore didn't know about who it was.

"Wait! Who is it Gabi? TELL ME!" Salvatore exclaimed.

As much as Gabriella would love to tell Salvatore about Mina, she knew exposing yet another secret of Leonardo's would truly destroy their relationship even more.

"N-no one! But, let's just say he's c-crazy about all types of women. Blondes, brunettes, red heads, and e-even h-hijabis!" Gabriella said nervously.

"Ohh! So Leonardo is what you kids call a player?" Salvatore said confused.