𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔇𝔦𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔙𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔰

Las Vegas Nevada, September 26, 1996

The vibrant city of Las Vegas pulsed with nocturnal energy, yet an underlying tension filled the atmosphere.

At precisely 6 a.m., a time typically reserved for reluctance to awaken, there was one exception: Amina Ali, a 24-year-old Pakistani American, who had embraced the role of an early riser.

As a dedicated police officer, she approached her role as a police officer with utmost dedication, despite not always receiving the recognition she deserved.

It was her gentle demeanor that endeared her to those around her, most notably her husband, Kai.

A routine morning began as Mina, in high spirits, rose from her couch, embarked on her morning shower, and let the familiar strains of Mariah Carey's "Fantasy" fill her Walkman.

While preparing eggs in her compact, stuffy apartment, Mina swayed to the music.

With the inevitability of dawn, Kai awoke at precisely 7:15 each morning.

Against this backdrop, Mina intensified the volume and sang along as Kai hurried into the bathroom, a daily ritual that afforded her precious moments of solitude.

Kai emerged from the bathroom, his fatigue tempered by his wife's infectious cheerfulness.

"Good morning!" Mina greeted, her feet shuffling in rhythm.

"Well, good morning to you too!" Kai chuckled, settling in to enjoy his breakfast and don his work attire.

"You coming, Mina?" Kai asked as he prepared to depart.

Mina responded with a knowing smile, her commitment to her job unwavering.

As their car navigated the bustling streets of Las Vegas, the city awoke to the sounds of exuberance emanating from other vehicles.

Mina, with a smile, turned on the radio for one last play of "Fantasy."

Kai's laughter bubbled forth at the sight of Mina's joyful expression.

"You never know when to stop, do you?" he teased.

Mina smiled and nodded before extending her hand out of the window, savoring the moment.

They arrived at the Las Vegas Police Department, known as the LVPD.

Mina reached for Kai's hand, but he withdrew it abruptly, leaving her embarrassed.

"You know I'm not comfortable with that," Kai apologized.

Mina nodded, her disappointment palpable.

Her husband had never been physically affectionate, not even on their wedding day.

Amina remained as pure as a flower, untouched and unclaimed.

**************

Inside the office, they encountered familiar faces. Mina's best friend from high school, Jack, greeted her warmly.

"What's good, baby girl?" he exclaimed.

Mina replied with sweetness, "Nothing much, Jack, just another normal day for me."

Jack glanced at Kai and issued a half-serious warning, "You better be treating her right, my man, or else we're gonna have some problems!"

Their exchange, serious for a fleeting moment, dissolved into laughter.

Kai and Jack's friendship ran deep, perhaps even surpassing Mina's connection with her husband.

All three were partners, and their chief, Morgan, held them in high regard, except for Mina.