𝔓𝔯𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

The more time passed, the more Mina felt suffocated, as she realized being at the scene of the crime before her partners arrived would definitely raise some suspicions.

She still had the gun in her pocket and while she could've just thrown it out for evidence, Mina was scared since it meant getting Leonardo in trouble.

Mina didn't know why she felt the need to help Leonardo, since she barely knew him in the first place.

She wondered why they kept meeting up randomly.

And while it was spontaneous, Mina enjoyed seeing his face.

Not only because he was incredibly handsome, but also because Leonardo made Mina feel, comfortable?

Despite the events that had just occurred, Mina felt this rush of excitement, which she strangely wanted to feel again.

"No. Leonardo attracts danger. Danger is bad. You shouldn't like danger, Amina." Mina murmured to herself before a gasp escaped her lips at the sight of Kai, Jack, and Morgan trailing behind.

Mina acted almost as if she was investigating, and walked around circles in front of the scene while the trio made their way towards her.

"Mina? What are you doing here? How are you here? Don't tell me you rushed in, after hearing the gunshots!" Kai said angrily.

Morgan eyed her with suspicion while Jack and several other cops fled to the scene, making her nervously shake in her boots.

Since Mina didn't respond, Kai realized she truly did put herself in danger by following the sound of the gunshots.

Kai scoffed, along with Morgan, who had something to say to Mina.

"Going to the scene of the crime without your badge or equipment is incredibly irresponsible. I don't know how the hell you passed your certification, since all you do is mess up all the time. Now step aside, and let us responsible cops handle the job. Stay here, and think about your actions."

Mina resisted the urge to roll her eyes, before glancing at Kai who she thought would have her back, and defend her.

Kai nodded in agreement towards Morgan, making Mina gasp while Jack came outside the room, holding a purse.

Mina's purse.

Mina froze in her spot and Jack spoke, specifically to Mina, while Kai eyed the purse with suspicion, knowing it was something he had seen before.

"Why the hell would you put yourself in danger, Mina? You got no weapons, no backup, and most importantly no Kai and I. Did that argument with Kai mess with your brain? There is no way you actually compromised your safety like that. I refuse to believe it! Now tell me Mina. How did you get up here so fast?"

The entire room turned to Mina, while her heart broke, as Jack accused her.

It was only Kai that made her feel bad. Never Jack.

"I-i just wanted to explore the restaurant. Kai told me to wait outside and it was already almost time for the fireworks. Plus, I didn't want to stay outside after all the commotion. Why are you being so suspicious towards me?" Mina muttered lowly.

"Liar! We need to check the cameras! She definitely has something to do with this!" Morgan hissed.

Mina froze in her spot once more, while Kai and Jack felt uneasy, since Morgan decided to accuse Mina.

Jack felt bad for making her a target in front of Morgan, since he knew Morgan would do anything to get rid of Mina, no matter what.

He put the purse back in the room, carefully placing it on the table before he took off his gloves, and followed the other cops's lead.